What made you become a B.C. Lions fan?

From time to time there are some threads worthy of keeping .... they go in here .. as do past Felion Prowl Photo Shoots :)

Moderator: Team Captains

BCfanInDIXIE
Starter

A friend of mine from college, Omar Haugabook, was drafted in the 2007 CFL Draft. He didn't make the team, but I got big in to the Leos once his signing was announced so I never turned back. :rockin:
Founder of the Bama BC Fan Club :towel:
Rammer
Team Captain

BCfanInDIXIE wrote:A friend of mine from college, Omar Haugabook, was drafted in the 2007 CFL Draft. He didn't make the team, but I got big in to the Leos once his signing was announced so I never turned back. :rockin:
And I do admire your devotion to the Lions and this site BCfiD, it says a whole lot about your character as a person. :thup:
Entertainment value = an all time low
zark
Champion

Carl Kidd
Trash talk, plus he backed it up with action. The voice of Friday night football.
Too many polite football players lately.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
butarctic
prospect

First Grey Cup I watched was in 63 I was 9 yrs old the Lions lost to Hamilton felt sorry for them been a diehard Lions fan ever since. I have lived in Chateauguay Quebec all my life, hometown to Ron Moorehouse, Matt Norman im also a season ticket holder of the Allouettes but i hope they lose every game, i probably have spent 5 grand over the years in Lions gear, last year alone 2 sweaters (LULAY) numeros shirts, Geroy picture from Canada post plus all the other items from Canada POST , 1964 Joe Kapp picture with the 64 programin it , my bar downstairs Lions flags , clocks lightswitches,glasses, liscense plates, (my wife doesn,t say to much) the only thing i missing is a total leather Lions jacket (5 jackets but no leather) so if any body knows where I can get one let me know, oh by the way in 94 i was at the last game of the Stanley Cup, sorry i,m a diehard Rangers fan.
Rammer
Team Captain

butarctic wrote:First Grey Cup I watched was in 63 I was 9 yrs old the Lions lost to Hamilton felt sorry for them been a diehard Lions fan ever since. I have lived in Chateauguay Quebec all my life, hometown to Ron Moorehouse, Matt Norman im also a season ticket holder of the Allouettes but i hope they lose every game, i probably have spent 5 grand over the years in Lions gear, last year alone 2 sweaters (LULAY) numeros shirts, Geroy picture from Canada post plus all the other items from Canada POST , 1964 Joe Kapp picture with the 64 programin it , my bar downstairs Lions flags , clocks lightswitches,glasses, liscense plates, (my wife doesn,t say to much) the only thing i missing is a total leather Lions jacket (5 jackets but no leather) so if any body knows where I can get one let me know, oh by the way in 94 i was at the last game of the Stanley Cup, sorry i,m a diehard Rangers fan.
Have you checked out the viewforum.php?f=23, you may be able to contribute to your collection. Welcome to the site, please feel free to post up some older memories in this slow off season. :beauty:
Entertainment value = an all time low
almo89
Legend

I was born in 1985 and that was the year the Lions beat Hamilton and won the Grey Cup. It was a strange coincidence, but somehow symbolic for me. I rewatched the West Final and the Grey Cup for that year on VHS many times being a kid. Even though I wasn't old enough to watch guys like James Parker, Roy Dewalt, Nick Hebeler and all the other 80s greats live, I felt like those 80s teams were close to me. My dad and uncle would tell me the stories of when the Blue Bombers come to town and BC Place was so loud that you couldn't hear yourself think. The closest I've been to that type of atmopshere was the 2004 West Final, but they even say that it was not as loud compared to the 80s. I still have the 1986 yearbook and remember being a kid and just sifting through all the players and trying to figure out what import and non import meant. And of course there was the Miss Grey Cup at the end of the book. My dad started to take me to games when I was 6 or 7, but by then the Lions were not really the hot ticket in down with exception to the Doug Flutie year. I don't remember much about Doug Flutie as a Lion, but when I started to understand football, I just remember Doug Flutie kicking our butts every game as a Calgary Stampeder. Even through the lean years of the 90s, I stayed loyal to the Lions and begging my dad to go to safeway and pickup those 20 dollar a pair tickets. I feel like my loyalty paid off because ever since Wally took over the club, I've had the opportunity to witness sustained success and stability which was lacking in the 90s. Here we are in 2013 and the CFL has never been more popular since I started to follow it. Lets hope the Lions and the league continue to thrive and succeed.