'This is OUR League' video

From time to time there are some threads worthy of keeping .... they go in here .. as do past Felion Prowl Photo Shoots :)

Moderator: Team Captains

No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Yeah, last night was the first time that I had seen this video and I thought about this thread instantly when it came on and remembered that I had forgot to look at it this past week like I had been meaning to. I had tears in my eyes by the end of it, it was incredible. A bunch of people in my section applauded the video when it was over which I thought was really touching.
Ravi
Legend

No Ordinary Joe wrote:Yeah, last night was the first time that I had seen this video and I thought about this thread instantly when it came on and remembered that I had forgot to look at it this past week like I had been meaning to. I had tears in my eyes by the end of it, it was incredible. A bunch of people in my section applauded the video when it was over which I thought was really touching.
It is a great video. Wouldn't it be wonderful if they could somehow edit Bob Ackles into it?
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Ravi wrote:
No Ordinary Joe wrote:Yeah, last night was the first time that I had seen this video and I thought about this thread instantly when it came on and remembered that I had forgot to look at it this past week like I had been meaning to. I had tears in my eyes by the end of it, it was incredible. A bunch of people in my section applauded the video when it was over which I thought was really touching.
It is a great video. Wouldn't it be wonderful if they could somehow edit Bob Ackles into it?
That would be a great idea. Maybe they could work on something for the Grey Cup, and have an extended version that honors the legacy of the Grey Cup Game, "This is OUR Championship" with footage of Bobby with the Cup from '85 and '06.
sacker
Rookie

Wish i could have seen at game, but couldn't have due to the fact that i'm still in england and have to wait untill i get back so i can actually watch it at a game. Other then that that great video
The Pez
Starter

This is well done, but we are CFL fans and had to search it down.Would be nice to get this out so part time or non fans could get a taste of the history of this great Canadian game.
ilovetheriders
Starter

That is the greatest video...brings a tear to my eye when I watch it. The long version is fantastic.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

i like the long version better for some reason.
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Sirona
prospect

Yes, it is a great video ,, makes us Canadians proud to be part of the CFL. Although as a fan who attends Argos games as I live in Toronto, I walked into the Rogers Centre----- I noticed a huge NFL shop selling ALL NFL team jerseys and other collectables. The Rogers center doesn't sell anyother CFL team(except of course Argos) gear,,I thought it was a sad statement to make so much of the NFL when the CFL is working so hard to rebuild itself. I did not buy Bills tickets and refuse to support any NFL.
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Sirona wrote:Yes, it is a great video ,, makes us Canadians proud to be part of the CFL. Although as a fan who attends Argos games as I live in Toronto, I walked into the Rogers Centre----- I noticed a huge NFL shop selling ALL NFL team jerseys and other collectables. The Rogers center doesn't sell anyother CFL team(except of course Argos) gear,,I thought it was a sad statement to make so much of the NFL when the CFL is working so hard to rebuild itself. I did not buy Bills tickets and refuse to support any NFL.
Agreed, keep the NFL in america where it belongs. a team in toronto will kill the cfl for the rest of us.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Leothelion
All Star

I would love to get a copy of that video. Anyone know where?

leo
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Leothelion wrote:I would love to get a copy of that video. Anyone know where?

leo
youtube

O N E
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Leothelion wrote:I would love to get a copy of that video. Anyone know where?

leo
http://www.keepvid.com you can download them by pasting the url and then clicking the link. :)
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Ravi wrote:
They have one, it is based soley on bob ackles, from when he started until now. It ends with, This is a league where you can start as a waterboy...

And finish a legend. This is his league, this is OUR league. its 1:46 long, and is very touching, tho i think its the song that gets me the most. just go to youtube, and search CFLTV LIONS and you will find it

O N E
Bleddyn
Starter

Does anyone know where to get a hi-res version of this video? I of course know about using keepvid to get video off of Youtube or Metacafe, but you are left with a low-res copy.

You would think the CFL would have made it available on their site.
joesports
All Star

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:
Ravi wrote:
They have one, it is based soley on bob ackles, from when he started until now. It ends with, This is a league where you can start as a waterboy...

And finish a legend. This is his league, this is OUR league. its 1:46 long, and is very touching, tho i think its the song that gets me the most. just go to youtube, and search CFLTV LIONS and you will find it
The CFL has it on their website also:

http://www.cfl.ca/media/videoCFL/id/4385