Forum Rules - Must Read

Need some help with the site? or Forum?
Ask Here! Got an idea or suggestion for Lionbackers.com, Tell us about it!

Moderator: Team Captains

admin
Team Captain

Pretty Simple Stuff

Rule No. 1
You must register to post in this forum. This forum is intended as a place to talk about Football, Sports and Canadian Sports in particular it's free and easy to register so what are you waiting for?

Rule No.2
You must be 18 years of age to enter The Pub. The Pub may contain discussion of heated topics not suitable for Minors so you must be 18 years of age to enter.

Rule No. 3
Please respect other posters. This forum is intended as a place to build friendships, Personal attacks will not be tolerated. This site is a hobby and people who make it a pain in the butt to run or any users who continually start squabbles and garner complaints will be punted from the forum.

Rule No. 4
Please remember that younger fans often visit the forum so please play nice and keep the language appropriate. I have taken the time to install word censors for vulgar content but there is always a way around it. You know it and so do I so don't tick me off by making me add more variations to the word censor list. Any non football related trash talk, city bashing jokes, smack etc. should be posted in the Pub Section. If you must trash talk please present your point it in a thoughtful manner rather than a vulgar hate driven tirade. There are more trash talk guidelines posted in the Pub, if you intend to trash talk you had better read them.

Rule No. 5
No pictures in your sig file ... 1.)I just don't like them, 2.)they slow down the site 3.)and they chew up bandwidth that's 3 downs they're out. Feel Free to express yourself with your avatar.

and of course the Golden Rule
I reserve the right to make up more rules as we go along.

Rules Enforcement
Lionbackers.com features moderators (Team Captains) who do thier best to maintain a friendly enviroment for everyone. If you find a problem with a post you can alert a Team Captain and click the Report a Post button on the top right of each post.

Revised September 14 2003

Enjoy
admin
:beer:
D
Team Captain

Update Re Avatar use

Some of the oldtimers here are kind of fond of thier avatars, some have made thier own and don't really want to share.

If your new here and you see an avatar that you like but someone else is using please take the time to drop them a quick private message and see if they mind sharing

I own The Grey Cup! .com
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

cool! :D :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
hexx

are pics allowed in sigs now? i couldn't help but notice solar max flying some nice orange in his :yes:
Reider
Starter

What about these small ones?

[img]http://www.cflzone.com/zonesig.jpg[/img]
obs
Champion

"If you think your signature is cool, then it is probably annoying," is a good rule to go by.
D
Team Captain

obs wrote:"If you think your signature is cool, then it is probably annoying," is a good rule to go by.
:lol: That's probably true

Sorry Reider .... that's what I would call the thin edge of the wedge :juggle:

What's your rule at the zone?
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Reider
Starter

No sig pics allowed right now. Thinking about allowing these little ones with CFL teams on them etc.. but still juggling the idea around. I know for sure that those sig pics that are 400 pixels high are really annoying though.
Reider
Starter

Reider wrote:What about these small ones?

I noticed at least one member using

[img]http://www.thesmilies.com/smileyletters ... 510243.gif[/img]

as a sig pic on 13thman.com.. which is larger than the sig pic I posted/asked about in this thread.

It won't kill me if I can't use one myself since a text link works just fine, it's just the double standard that bothers me.

http://13thman.com/cheers/viewtopic.php ... 3&start=30

:bang:
Rammer
Team Captain

Reider wrote:
Reider wrote:What about these small ones?

I noticed at least one member using

[img]http://www.thesmilies.com/smileyletters ... 510243.gif[/img]

as a sig pic on 13thman.com.. which is larger than the sig pic I posted/asked about in this thread.

It won't kill me if I can't use one myself since a text link works just fine, it's just the double standard that bothers me.

http://13thman.com/cheers/viewtopic.php ... 3&start=30

:bang:
I see a complete difference between the two Reider, and the one you want to display leads to the larger 400 pixel type that are annoying.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Reider
Starter

Rammer..

The real problem is that there is a double standard. And the reason is because someone is too lazy? unwilling? to write the rules properly. If you write the rules so that they state.. "a sig pic max 20 x 350 pixels", then there are clear rules and if a sig pic is larder than that, then delete it.

As it stands now, it's like you let people use smilies.. so if I upload the zone pic to our smilies list, can I use it as a sig pic? get the drift?

I just think the rules should be written more clear so that people who want to use sig pics "no larger than the size of a smilie" can use them if they want to. As you can clearly see, there's a double standard that exists because that signiture used on your sister site is larger than the sig pic I inquired about using here.

I am not trying to piss you or anyone else off, I just think the rules could (and should?) be more clear and fair regarding signitures.

D
Team Captain

The real problem is that there is a double standard. And the reason is because someone is too lazy? unwilling? to write the rules properly.
Lazy? Unwilling? Between this site and 13thman I think I've shown willingness and that I'm not lazy.

The truth is I wanted to keep the rules few and simple so everyone could follow them, so far with the help of a good mod team it's been successful. Hell we just went over 3,000 members :shock: that's more than I ever dreamed of when I built it 7 years ago.

I am not trying to piss you off but Feel Free to write the rules at your own site

While I'm at this let me clarify something from the zones mandate
There will be no "3 strike" and you're out rules here either. Most CFL fans do not live in the United States
It's not strikes they are DOWNS .... it's a canadian football site ...... you get 3 downs :lol:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Rammer
Team Captain

Never seemed to have problem with it previously in seven years. Any that didn't comply with what we preceived to be under the rules were removed without incident. :beer:
Entertainment value = an all time low
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

I don't allow them on my site either. Too much to police, too many cans of worms to open. Bottom line is you need to refer to Golden Rule

Derek reserves the right to make up more rules as we go along. If he wants to allow smiley sig files then it's his site. No explanation is needed.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.