Feedback on the new site provider

Need some help with the site? or Forum?
Ask Here! Got an idea or suggestion for Lionbackers.com, Tell us about it!

Moderator: Team Captains

BC 1988
Legend

Agree it will be sad to see all the history gone with a site update, but it seems like we've gone longer than most other sites. Was that the reason RF had to start from scratch back in April 2017? (I never joined there, I just go there for the entertainment value.) They sure racked up a lot of new content in 4 years--some threads get unwieldy rapidly.

The specific Cloudflare Error 522 that has bedeviled this site since mid-May is kind of unique--I don't think I've seen that one before now (404 is more common). Lately the look of the site has improved--less broken avatars and things out of place, just the 522 continues.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Don't know what's going on but the website is painfully sloooooooooow
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

It's such a tough issue. History vs functionality. As much as I would hate to lose all those years of great posts, I would also hate terribly to lose all those great personalities that at one time graced the site. The person may have been more than the messages. Everyone has a personality and a style and in many cases that is what you remember more than the content of any particular post. When old threads get revived now and again, you will often run across some of these former posters and have one of those "oh yeah" moments.

That being said, the past is the past. If it comes down to a choice of having a functioning board vs the ability to stumble down memory lane, I would vote for the former. At some point, we will all fade into the pages of history. I'd rather have something that I can enjoy now and going forward than to try and hang on to some things that will eventually disappear anyways. Just my opinion and perhaps the more important Q. is whether D wants to carry on. It is a lot of work and I would understand if he was tired of it.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
D
Team Captain

Agreed this is way to slow, it will be resolved for the upcoming season if not sooner
I own The Grey Cup! .com