About the latest New Look ...

Need some help with the site? or Forum?
Ask Here! Got an idea or suggestion for Lionbackers.com, Tell us about it!

Moderator: Team Captains

D
Team Captain

And so here we are again with a new look ... I like it a lot :yahoo: but a t the same time I do plan to tinker a bit through the year
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Thanks D! This new look is quite something! It's as if you re-wrapped the ol' Lionbackers site as a Christmas gift in transparent black cellophane with orange ribbons. Pretty snazzy! And it all glides along so beautifully as one scrolls over the Vancouver skyline backdrop. Hat's off to you. And I hope you enjoy your continued tinkering kind sir! Thanks again. Cheers.
Spud387
Champion

Looks good.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I appreciate the effort here but the background image does make it harder to read. It looks nice, but it isn't good from a practical standpoint as I find it quite distracting. I hate to be a party pooper but I can't really say I like the change.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:40 pm
I appreciate the effort here but the background image does make it harder to read. It looks nice, but it isn't good from a practical standpoint as I find it quite distracting. I hate to be a party pooper but I can't really say I like the change.
Agreed. The mobile site is fine but the desktop version is too hard on these old eyes.
D
Team Captain

D wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:44 pm
And so here we are again with a new look ... I like it a lot :yahoo: but a t the same time I do plan to tinker a bit through the year
So when I mentioned tinkering I meant the background mostly and if you notice we have a new one.
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Robbie
Hall of Famer

D wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:22 pm
D wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:44 pm
So when I mentioned tinkering I meant the background mostly and if you notice we have a new one.
Hi Derek, I've noticed recently that there have been ads placed right in the middle of a member's posting. That's very annoying and feels very rude in that it feels as if though somebody is purposely interrupting someone who is speaking. By separating a person's post, it's possible that readers will not read the entire post and will think that the post has ended where the ad started.

I think if ads must appear, it should at least appear at the end of a member's post and not in between.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
D
Team Captain

I hadn't noticed that and not what I intended.

I do know what you mean though I kind of feel the same way when I see the length of your sig file. Not breaking any rules .. jus sayin

As for the ads there appears to be 1 in every 13 posts. Not sure how much of a nuisance that is I will think about it.
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I don't what is going on but when I click on a thread it 's popping up like 3 down nation does. Impossible to put it all in context.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
D
Team Captain

not sure what you mean toppy, this layout is nothing like 3rd down nation. The way it all works hasn't changed much just the look has
I own The Grey Cup! .com
BC 1988
Legend

The android version I see on my phone has always just had the floating stars effect, with no other background. On the desktop, BC Place swapped out with the current felions looks cool. :beauty:
D
Team Captain

BC 1988 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:24 pm
The android version I see on my phone has always just had the floating stars effect, with no other background. On the desktop, BC Place swapped out with the current felions looks cool. :beauty:
Thanks! you missed a background between bc place and the felions but don't worry you'll see it again :towel:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Thumbs up re the current background, D! I realize it's likely temporary as you tend to change them after a while, but our departed #56 was deserving of more than that mere 6-second video the Lion's website has posted. I like to think they meant well, but it's sorely inadequate IMO.
CardiacKid
Legend

Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:22 pm
Thumbs up re the current background, D! I realize it's likely temporary as you tend to change them after a while, but our departed #56 was deserving of more than that mere 6-second video the Lion's website has posted. I like to think they meant well, but it's sorely inadequate IMO.
I agree re. the Solly video. In fact I contacted the club and expressed my hopes that something more substantive would appear soon.
D
Team Captain

I'm sure there will something better in stadium ... in the meantime ..
I own The Grey Cup! .com