Reservations

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

When you make reservations at a restaurant, which name do you give them?

First Name
38%
Last Name
63%

Total votes: 8
pinkfreud

I may be getting old, but when I make reservations at a restaurant I always give them my last name. Lately, however, sometimes when I give them my last name the person on the phone will laugh and say, "Your first name is fine." My last name is not particularly funny, nor is it hard to spell. Is this the way it is now? First name only? I notice this happens more often in restaurants with really young staff. I kind of like the formality of using your last name. Just like I think kids should call their friends' parents Mr. or Mrs. Soandso instead of Cathy or Bob. Maybe it's time to put my name on the wait list for the nursing home. I hope they serve pink jello.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

PF, I agree that there should be more respect regarding last names. For the survey, I put first name, but again it depends on where I go. My grandmother used to absolutely refuse to be referred to by her first name, by someone she was unfamiliar with. I think it's a standard we should return to. She would say, "You can call me Mrs.________. I don't know you well enough for you to call me by my first name." :thup: These days, our reservations sound like: "Kim, party of 2, your Quarter Pounders are ready!" :lol: 8)
Real women wear orange!!
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

When I telegraph the "Fish Juice Mocha House" for reservations, the Maitre D' Zeke usually taps back, P-A-R-T-Y o-f h-o-w m-a-n-y s-p-i-t-t-i-n-g o-r n-o-n s-p-i-t-t-i-n-g ?

He calls me you'ns , which is y'all plus 1.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

I give my first name because my last name tends to be a little difficult... :wink:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
maddeep73
Champion

Here I am scouring this thread looking for possible 'reservations' about the lions' play.

Doesn't this thread belong on marthastewartbackers.com?
Keepin' it real
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Last name
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

maddeep73 wrote:Here I am scouring this thread looking for possible 'reservations' about the lions' play.

Which is why we have the "Snack Bar". If you're looking for stuff about football look in the CFL Football threads or the Chalk Talk threads. Pretty much every forum I know has a separate thread or threads for "general", non-topic related discussion. This is one of those threads. That is a good thing. :roll:
Real women wear orange!!
Arny
Champion

Last name. And for the record, my kids refer to our friends as Mr and Mrs. ...
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

First Name.
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

If she's making it, last name.
If I make it, first name.

Much like Orangeshoes, my last name is mangled all the time.
Balraj
All Star

I agree with pinkfreud. Last names should be taken down along with first names. Calling a friends parents by Mr. or Mrs. is pretty much a sign of respect.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Canuck_4_Life wrote:If she's making it, last name.
If I make it, first name.

Much like Orangeshoes, my last name is Mangled.
Pleased to finally know your last name, Mr. Mangled. :wink:

I use last name for reservations almost exclusively.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Can you imagine the confusion when the waitress announces: Table for Bob ! Lot less confusion when it is: Table for Mr. Mangled :wink:
CB123
Legend

Calling a friends parents by Mr. or Mrs. is pretty much a sign of respect.
lol all of my friends parents would laugh at me if I called them by their last name, I donno what it is, I guess times are just changing.

Then there are teachers that try to get us to call them by their 1st name, that I will not do, its just weird...
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
pinkfreud

maddeep73 wrote:Here I am scouring this thread looking for possible 'reservations' about the lions' play.

:bawl:

Easy maddeep. Sniff. I'm just a girl.

:wink: