2010 = No School?

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Should Lower Mainland school be closed during the 2010 Olympics?

Yes!
23%
No.
77%

Total votes: 22
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Opening and Closing Ceremonies, All Hockey Finals, you'll be surprised
Ummm, if it only holds 55K for the ceremonies and GM place isnt going to be expanded so its no different then "all the congestion" you claim, then it is/was for a Nucks game or the WDF/GC.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
MacNews
Team Captain

Yank In BC wrote:Ummm, if it only holds 55K for the ceremonies...
BC Place capacity for the ceremonies will be 60,000 and change.
pinkfreud

If they're going to close the schools to ease traffic congestion, I think they should give all of us two weeks off with pay, adjusted as a function of the distance we travel to work and the proximity of an Olympic venue to our route.

Has anyone heard if they've started hiking up rents yet (and where)? I'm anticipating a move soon. Hopefully before they start gouging new tenants. I know of one building in Richmond that's been getting press for kicking people out to "renovate" and then hiking up the rent.
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

MacNews wrote:
Yank In BC wrote:Ummm, if it only holds 55K for the ceremonies...
BC Place capacity for the ceremonies will be 60,000 and change.
55k/60k is all the same with regards to my point.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

pinkfreud wrote:If they're going to close the schools to ease
traffic congestion, I think they should give all of us two weeks off with pay, adjusted as a function of the distance we travel to work and the proximity of an Olympic venue to our route.

Has anyone heard if they've started hiking up rents yet (and where)? I'm anticipating a move soon. Hopefully before they start gouging new tenants. I know of one building in Richmond that's been getting press for kicking people out to "renovate" and then hiking up the rent.
I don't think rent prices are gonna go up quite yet. My best guess is that around the beginning of the 2008-2009 ski season is when accomodation costs are gonna skyrocket.

If I'm thinking of the same building (Gilbert Road, near Richmond Hospital) is old and looks like it needs some work done. Being a Richmond resident right now, I'm doing everything possible to stay off 3 Road, north of Westminster Hwy until the Canada Line is up and running.

For me, I hope to be living in Burnaby and working in the Burnaby/New West/Annacis Island area, so the closest 2010 venue to me would be downtown.