If Trump was on Lionbackers

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

D
Team Captain

I’d have banned him before he became president :mac:
#ImpeachTrumpAgain
CA2CB4A7-1BE9-485D-86BD-DE0BCC331DCE.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I wouldn't be.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
D
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:09 pm
I wouldn't be.
Why not
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Because I would not want to put my sense of civility to the test. I have thought very little of the man since long before he was President. Any place he is going to be is going to attract the kinds of folks I have very little interest in; those that thrive on conflict and disrespect. The only real control I have over the actions of others is to decide where I want to be in relation to them (probably as it should be). If I feel I am disrespected at a business, I don't spend my money with them going forward. If I am in the presence of someone I don't care for, I make a note to avoid in future. It is just the way I deal with things. Everybody has a right to their opinion and I have no problem with that generally but if they choose to voice that opinion in ways which seem unnecessarily tactless or bullying, I have no use for them. That has been Donald Trump his whole life. I wouldn't watch his TV programs, I wouldn't buy an apartment in one of his buildings, stay at his hotels or golf on one of his courses. I have even steadfastly stayed out of the US for the duration of his Presidency. Some might think me foolish or overly dramatic for feeling this way but I put a great deal of stock in how people act. It says a lot about who they are and if I can't respect who they are, I would just as soon avoid them.
Last edited by Sir Purrcival on Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

if Trump was not banned, a lot of other posters would be for their responses to him
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
BC 1988
Legend

Agreed, Trump would be the dictionary definition of troll on any public forum.

I haven't looked at this recently. Since 2020 began (not surprisingly) he has reached heights (or lows) no one could have thought possible. That is where he really excels, getting so many people to believe/follow his drivel as gospel.
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/don ... ri18n=true
D
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:20 pm
Because I would not want to put my sense of civility to the test. I have thought very little of the man since long before he was President. Any place he is going to be is going to attract the kinds of folks I have very little interest in; those that thrive on conflict and disrespect. The only real control I have over the actions of others is to decide where I want to be in relation to them (probably as it should be). If I feel I am disrespected at a business, I don't spend my money with them going forward. If I am in the presence of someone I don't care for, I make a note to avoid in future. It is just the way I deal with things. Everybody has a right to their opinion and I have no problem with that generally but if they choose to voice that opinion in ways which seem unnecessarily tactless or bullying, I have no use for them. That has been Donald Trump his whole life. I wouldn't watch his TV programs, I wouldn't buy an apartment in one of his buildings, stay at his hotels or golf on one of his courses. I have even steadfastly stayed out of the US for the duration of his Presidency. Some might think me foolish or overly dramatic for feeling this way but I put a great deal of stock in how people act. It says a lot about who they are and if I can't respect who they are, I would just as soon avoid them.
I agree with almost all that your saying, however I’m not a member here who can take my thoughts elsewhere I’m the owner and he would clearly violate the rules here in no time. And unlike Twitter Facebook and the like I’m not in this for money it’s a hobby so I don’t give a tinkers cuss about the traffic and ad revenue a high profile user like him would surely bring.

Like you I haven’t liked him since long before his run for office, I think it was around 2012 I saw a documentary on a golf course he built in Scotland and the way he treated the locals and that was it for me. There is a similar documentary on Netflix or Amazon Prime called you’ve been trumped that is very similar
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:11 pm
if Trump was not banned, a lot of other posters would be for their responses to him
Nah I’d let you guys have at him for awhile then ban him :popcorn: :rotf:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

D wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:36 pm
KnowItAll wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:11 pm
Nah I’d let you guys have at him for awhile then ban him :popcorn: :rotf:
send him an invite :)
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

D wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:34 pm
Sir Purrcival wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:20 pm
I agree with almost all that your saying, however I’m not a member here who can take my thoughts elsewhere I’m the owner and he would clearly violate the rules here in no time. And unlike Twitter Facebook and the like I’m not in this for money it’s a hobby so I don’t give a tinkers cuss about the traffic and ad revenue a high profile user like him would surely bring.

Like you I haven’t liked him since long before his run for office, I think it was around 2012 I saw a documentary on a golf course he built in Scotland and the way he treated the locals and that was it for me. There is a similar documentary on Netflix or Amazon Prime called you’ve been trumped that is very similar
I absolutely understand. You and I have very different relationships with this site. I a user, you an owner. As an owner, you have different types of choices. I can only absent myself, you can make rules, change rules, ban users, or even go nuclear and shut the place down. (Please don't go nuclear, there would be no where left to go (he says on knees with hands clasped in prayer)). The circumstances are different for each of us and as such so are the possible responses. I can assure you that if he showed up at my front door or on my lawn, he would be summarily asked to leave. It is different when you run a service open to the general public. Banning someone outright because he is a doofus might be problematic. Kind of like banning Rider fans :) You have to give them a chance to speak first...then Ban them.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

What is true mind boggling is the number of people who actually believe the crap that he says.
D
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:51 pm
What is true mind boggling is the number of people who actually believe the crap that he says.
Agreed and a lot of these people seem to be well educated.
It’s a case of the loudest voice in the room repeating a lie so often weak minded people take it as fact after awhile.
I own The Grey Cup! .com
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Apparently they were graduates of Trump University.
Hazmat
Rookie

Why would Trump ever go a CFL forum? Lmao
Foxhound
Starter

Bloody hell. This ongoing Canadian obsession with Donald Trump is pathetic. I guess his larger-than-life American persona rubs the tender sensibilities of most Canadians the wrong way. C'est la vie. Oh, sorry, I forgot. Just like Trump most of the people in Canada are not so cosmopolitan that they aren't lost when it comes to any language other than English. Yet we still have the picture of some foreign Queen on much of our currency. Of course our coinage is cheap cupro-nickel now as opposed to silver so what does it matter if some ridiculous foreigner's face is on it, right? It is to scream.

Oh, and incidentally, how have things gone now that the Democrats are in the White House? Hmmmm, an immediate income tax increase, agreeing to some "climate" accord that gives the worst polluting country in the world a free pass, losing Afghanistan to a bunch of religious fanatics, conceding the rest of the Middle East to the sphere of influence of the neo-Soviet revanchist KGBeasts running Russia just as the previous Democratic administration allowed Poutine to rape Georgia and then Ukraine. Oh, peachy keen I guess judging by the cessation of Democrat induced rioting that engulfed the States for four years because the other side was in the White House.

And after an election that defied statistical probability in half a dozen key States. But no "smoking gun" thus no proof so why should anyone care, right?

Yet we Canadians continue to obsess about Trump. Like I say, it's pathetic.

:dizzy:
Last edited by Foxhound on Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radically Canadian!