2020 U.S. Presidential Election Thread

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Who do you want to win the 2020 United States Presidential election on November 3, 2020?

Donald Trump (Republican / Mike Pence)
30%
Joe Biden (Democratic / Kamala Harris)
70%

Total votes: 10
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I predict that no matter how much it may look like trump will not be re-elected, somehow he and his legion of trumpidiots will manipulate things so that he remains in the whitehouse.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Who saw the second and final debate? Did it change your mind on who you want to win?

祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Much more civilized than the trainwreck 3 weeks ago. Trump needed a decisive win to build momentum but didn't get it.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I am already 100% against trump, but the more he opens his mouth and the more lies that come out of his campaign just strengthened my angst.

I do however believe that somehow he will find a way to stay in office, and if not, then he will be back next election.

damn trumpidiots
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

One has to believe that Trump supporter or not, that the general public must be getting tired of the never ending conflict going on. Regardless of other issues, you might think that some voters are going to vote for tranquility and the chance to have life return to some semblance of normality. Agree or disagree with the philosophy of Trump, it's hard to argue that the constant fabrications, insults, character assassinations and so on are not typical. It has been 4 years of Rah, Rah, America Great Again but the reality is that America has less standing in the world right now than it has had probably in the last 50 years. Economy struggling, worst covid response in the world by many measures, allies basically trying to wait out the term to see if things can become more normal (who knows what the next shoe drop will be if Trump gets another term), rampant paranoia and accusations of misconduct. I truly fear for that country if this election gets contested. I think it is not that far a stretch to see open rebellion if there is any kind of perception of trying to disavow the results. It feels close to being a powder keg. If Trump loses, they can't get him out of office fast enough.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Well, today is the day to see if Trump will be re-elected or if Biden will be the 46th U.S. President.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

God save us all from Trumpidiots
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Just looking at the situation right now and it isn't looking that great. Trump doing far too well for my liking and it looks like a number of the "swing" states that Biden was hoping to have a chance at are leaning more and more towards Trump. If he gets another 4 years, then I think the US as we knew it is finished. I can't believe that it is this close. I mean what does it take for people to turn on that guy. He lies all the time, denigrates anyone who doesn't agree with him, turns on allies at the drop of a hat....I don't think I will ever understand the mystique of Trump. He is pure Teflon. I thought he was insane when he said he could shoot someone in Times Square? in broad day light and get away with it. Now I'm not so sure he wasn't right.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The only hope for the Democrats is that there are a lot of early votes and mail ins to be counted. These favour Joe Biden and the Democrats.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I knew Trump was going to win. Look out now

The confederacy is finally ruling the USA
Robbie
Hall of Famer

It is certainly going down to the wire on the afternoon of Nov. 4:

Biden - 264
Trump - 214

With four states remaining (NV, GA, PA, NC) but it's possible that Republicans can win those states.
祝你龍年行大運。
BC 1988
Legend

All Biden has to do is win Nevada (after they get around to resuming counting the ballots in Clark County) and it's over for Trump (other than his asinine court challenges).
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

it will never be over until Trump is out of the Whitehouse.

I have one theory that says that if it is decided that Trump lost the election, many of his supporters will respond with such violence that it might give Trump an excuse to enact some kind of martial law. If so, then who know where it could go from there.
BC 1988
Legend

True, the STOP THE COUNT tweet this morning looks a lot like his LIBERATE MICHIGAN, etc tweets of last spring. He is hoping to incite violence to obscure the fact that all his legal challenges are without merit.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Biden has just taken a narrow lead in the state of Georgia. Most of remaining outstanding ballots to be counted (10,000 ish being suggested) are reported coming from regions of the state that are strongly Dem.