Proportional Representation Fact Checker

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Pro Rep Fact Checker investigates claims made about proportional representation by opponents, proponents, and media columnists.
All information on this site has been validated for accuracy by two of Canada’s top electoral reform experts,
Dr. Dennis Pilon and Dr. Brian Tanguay
https://prorepfactcheck.ca/?fbclid=IwAR ... mJ4FYiOZNc

Personally, I'm undecided on how to vote on this issue however, a quick look at this site suggests they've got decent fact checking information here.

While they have a bias towards changing from FPTP, they're still academics who try to support their views with facts.

A good read before we vote.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Just marked my ballot to keep the current system.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I prefer a system where you vote for your riding rep, then separately vote for PM or Premier.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I'm really tired of the us/them method politics we have now. What we need is some sense of working together for the greater good of the province which means, compromise, discussion and civility. All things that have seemingly been lacking over the years. Since it appears that political parties are incapable of working towards these goals independently, I really would like to at least try doing it differently. If no one party can completely dominate, it will force the parties to work together (or that is at least my hope). No more of this ram stuff down everybody's throat without consequence because one party has all the power.

I don't know if it will work or not but what I can say is that there is more than enough dissatisfaction with the status quo over the years to at least try something new to see if we can do this a bit better. I see the current system as basically having failed us at least in terms of people thinking that it is fair or representative. It is time to force these parties to work together for the common good, not just their little slice (business/labour/environment) It might be harder to understand the process right now and I wish that it had been made a bit simpler but I think it is worth giving it a try.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.