2016 U.S. Presidential Election Thread

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Who do you want to win the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:20 am

Hillary Clinton (Democratic / Running mate: Tim Kaine)
60%
Donald Trump (Republican / Running mate: Mike Pence)
40%

Total votes: 5
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

30 seconds is about all of trump I can stomach.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The guy is a buffoon, a bully and a liar. If he news is negative he blames it on the previous administration. Takes credit for anything positive even if he had nothing to do with it.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

The United States and Mexico agreed on Monday to overhaul the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Let's see how Canada fits in.

I'm sure all the Canadians working in the USA under a TN Visa would be very concerned now as the TN Visa was introduced as part of the original NAFTA in 1994. That visa is easier to get than the H1-B visa in which there's so much competition especially from Indians and there's a yearly cap and lottery. That said, inspectors can also scrutinize a TN Visa application and they won't hesitate to deny one.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:16 pm
The United States and Mexico agreed on Monday to overhaul the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Let's see how Canada fits in.

I'm sure all the Canadians working in the USA under a TN Visa would be very concerned now as the TN Visa was introduced as part of the original NAFTA in 1994. That visa is easier to get than the H1-B visa in which there's so much competition especially from Indians and there's a yearly cap and lottery. That said, inspectors can also scrutinize a TN Visa application and they won't hesitate to deny one.
What is sad is that many of the US firms like Microsoft set up a small branch in Canada to bring in foreign workers who can't get the H1-B quickly but find it easier to get south to the Silicon Valley for the bigger dollars via a few years working in Canada where the major corp pays 20 to 30% lower for the same work done in the Valley.

Not sure that there is a lot of substance to what he grandstanded today other than perhaps muddied the waters on auto manufacturing. I work with those in the auto sector now who are close to Canada's negotiations and this guy in the White House could destroy our auto sector with his idiotic decisions.

Mexico is not a level playing field payer in autos with Canada and the USA even and it's complex supply chain now where a vehicle crosses the Canada - US multiple times in its production.

Those I know working in the USA now aren't too concerned with losing visas - they're more focused on quality of life and deciding if it's a good place to live anymore. Funny how several of my friends these days sound like John McCain's story on how much he grew to love his USA when he was in POW camp being tortured. I speak at least every 10 days to one friend who I used to see here and in HK as he's from Vancouver and working at a top job in the Silicon Valley for big dollars. He used to knock Canada and now most calls he gets to knocking life down south. I don't remind how he changed his tune.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Robbie
Hall of Famer

It looks like a new deal has been reached for NAFTA.

I'm sure all current and prospective future TN visa holders are breathing a sigh of relief. :good:
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

wimpy Justin caves.

I will always buy Canadian milk, even if it costs twice as much.

Havent heard anything about how softwood is affected
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

The milk thing is a bit overblown . It puts the US in the same bracket as any other country in the world. That doesn't seem totally out of line. However, savvy local producers should really label their Canadianess on alll their product labels . I think a lot of people are quite prepared to buy Canadian now. I have basically refused to buy American if a local product is available I have also pretty much boycotted shopping in the US since the Trump era began . Thus do I answer trumpism
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Despite all the controversy associated with his past which included alleged numerous sexual harassment claims, conservative judge Brett Kavanaugh has been confirmed as the next Supreme Court justice by a close 50-48 vote by U.S. Senate.
祝你龍年行大運。
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:04 pm
Despite all the controversy associated with his past which included alleged numerous sexual harassment claims, conservative judge Brett Kavanaugh has been confirmed as the next Supreme Court justice by a close 50-48 vote by U.S. Senate.
As a neighbour to the US, I have always felt the US to be brothers and sisters.

It is hard to watch what is happening down there.

Just had lunch with a long time friend who winters in Az. Virtually all white community. Happy with their financial windfall under the present government. The Americans do not talk politics with Canadians. The gap is too broad.

And a new leader in South America is following the example of the US President in his populist, elitist approach.

Even here, I am surprised to see and hear local ''minorities'' who buy what DJT is selling. He is a con man on a massive scale.

Hard times ...
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Yeah it is pretty sad. As I have gone through life, I have gone from thinking that the US would always have our backs to believing that the biggest threat we face these days is from them. What they have demonstrated is that they can justify anything if it suits their needs and I wouldn't put it past them some day to find a reason to come north. Be it under the guise of security for the St. Lawrence Seaway or whatever, they will do what they will and having the worlds most powerful nation next door makes me much more ill at ease than it used to.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I have trouble believing ANYTHING that Trump says
Robbie
Hall of Famer

You will get an opportunity to see former U.S. President Bill Clinton along with his wife & former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in Vancouver next May 2, 2019. Tickets will be on sale on Friday, October 12th at 10 a.m.

Will you make a point of attending the event?

Since there's a fair amount of backlash for President Trump, would you have rather Hillary Clinton win the Presidency? I'd say even if she became President, there would have just as much backlash and criticism. I may have said this before but I'll say it again about the 2016 Presidential Election - it was choose the lesser of two evils. It will be really interesting to see who will win the 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination. The Democrats will need a fresh start. But in USA, first things first as Americans are busy preparing for the upcoming mid-term elections as they vote for Governors, Senators, and House of Representatives.
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

While there doesn't appear to be a huge exodus and migration of Americans to Canada after Trump was voted into the office, I'm sure there will definitely be a huge flock of young American adults especially those who live in the northern states that border Canada to now that buying and using recreational marijuana is legal in Canada to those 18 years and above.
祝你龍年行大運。
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Republicans lost control of the House in the mid term elections. Wonder who Trump is going to blame for the loss.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:27 pm
Republicans lost control of the House in the mid term elections. Wonder who Trump is going to blame for the loss.
but what does it really mean?

Does it hurt Trump much?

will it noticeably change the garbage coming for the white house?