Apple Founder Steve Jobs Passes Away ...

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

One of the true business geniuses of all time.

I still have the original iMac down in the basement. I had a Quadra before that, and a Mac Classic before that. I've blogged on Lionbackers many times with my iPad. I've downloaded many items from iTunes.

He had such high standards. Pricey merchandise too, but well worth it IMO.

He will be missed, although he seems to have set up his company to endure.

RIP ...
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

What an incredibly sad day.

Steve is the reason many of us love our computers.

The world has lost it's greatest visionary today.

RIP Steve Jobs
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The world has lost a true visionary. RIP
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.

Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.

Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice.

And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” - Commencement address by Steve Jobs at Stanford

A lot of us feel as if we know Steve Jobs. He is such a part of our lives. Very sad today.

God bless.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Robbie
Hall of Famer

RIP Steve Jobs (February 24, 1955 – October 5, 2011).

Who had an Apple II in the early 1980's?

And if you did, what would you say was your favourite Apple II game? Would it be this one?

And on another note, when two celebrities pass away at the same time one death seems to overshadow the other just like how Michael Jackson's death had much more media attention than Farrah Fawcett. But RIP actor Charles Napier (April 12, 1936 – October 5, 2011) as well. He was probably best known for Marshall Murdock in Rambo: First Blood Part II, in which Rambo decided to spare his life. He was also involved in a extremely scary and bloody scene in the Silence of the Lambs when his character Lt. Boyle wasn't as lucky as Hannibal Lector didn't have any mercy.

Last edited by Robbie on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:

Thanks for posting that link, TLK.

I first watched it earlier this year, when Jobs announced he was taking time off from his work.

Pretty amazing speech. Very inspiring. Just like the man.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I have read so much about him and its obvious to me Apple will have some struggles without him. I'm sure the company will do fine but he seemed to add so much to what the company was doing.

Obvious that he really struggled with some health issues over the past few years, RIP
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Great point on Charles Napier. The guy has been around forever and had a very long a varied career.

Anybody Remember This:

[youtube][/youtube]
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Like Bill Gates and several other self-made billionaires, Steve Jobs was a college dropout.

For those of you who have teenagers in high school who are struggling with good grades to enter university or have decided not to attend university altogether, how would you respond and react if your kid argues by stating: "People like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Michael Dell, Larry Ellison, and Theodore Waitt didn't have college degrees and they all became extremely successful and wealthy. So I don't need university either and I'll do just fine and successful without a college degree just like those self-made billionaires!"
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:Like Bill Gates and several other self-made billionaires, Steve Jobs was a college dropout.

For those of you who have teenagers in high school who are struggling with good grades to enter university or have decided not to attend university altogether, how would you respond and react if your kid argues by stating: "People like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Michael Dell, Larry Ellison, and Theodore Waitt didn't have college degrees and they all became extremely successful and wealthy. So I don't need university either and I'll do just fine and successful without a college degree just like those self-made billionaires!"
well, I would first ask them how their IQ compares to the above.
then, I would ask them for an example of them showing some kind of initiative as was shown by the above.
then, I would ask them what plan they have to become as successful as the above. for starters.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Because I have gallows humor, I appreciate the following observation making the rounds today:

It is said, that after you die and before you meet god, you see your life flash before your eyes....which means it's rather unfortunate that Apple products don't support Flash players.

My best wishes to the family of a smart if not always original business giant.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

A sad day and a remember how fleeting life can be even for the rich, talented and famous.

Robbie wrote:Like Bill Gates and several other self-made billionaires, Steve Jobs was a college dropout.

First off, education as my business prof used to say is a substitute for experience. As costs of labour rose you can no longer afford to train people from clerks roles to lawyers, etc so we compile curriculum in colleges and universities that speed up the learning.

This prof also used to say "we teach theory so that people will learn faster by experience."

Knowing a teen won't listen to this I would hand them the passages on Bill Gates from Malcolm Gladwell's book Outliers. Bill Gates did not get a college degree but the book estimates in the chapter on the 10,000 hour rule that Gates got in that much programming as a teenager. Bill Joy who founded Sun Microsystems and who earlier rewrote Unix is the same but he finished his courses and I think got a Phd. There are likely more univ. grad success stories in computing than not.

The Beattles are used as an example of the rule of 10000. He computes this time as they had to play 8 hours a night entertaining in a Hamburg beer garden. This is says led to them being great showmen.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Robbie
Hall of Famer

While not as wealthy and popular as Steve Jobs, Dennis Ritchie still had a huge impact to society and his legacy is well known.

Dennis Ritchie (September 9, 1941 - October 12, 2011)

For those of you who do computer system administration, then you will have likely used the UNIX operating system. And for those of you do computer programming, then you will have likely programmed using the most popular computer languages, C. Both created by Ritchie. And unlike Jobs, Dennis Richie did indeed finish college and went on to get a PhD at Harvard University.
祝你龍年行大運。
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I thought this blog was amusing ...
by gruven13777 October 22, 2011 5:16 AM EDT
We just lost 3 really important
people in the last 10 years:

Bob Hope
Johnny Cash
Steve Jobs

We now have no Hope, no Cash, and no Jobs.
Read more: