miss teen USA from so. carolina

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

When the event first started in 1983, all semi-finalists had to go through the interview segment in the preliminary round. But starting in 2003, the interview segment was only applied to the last 5 finalists. So appearance alone could take a contestant to the final five, and apparently Lauren Caitlin Upton had the looks.

pinkfreud

sj-roc wrote:Looking bad on television is a pretty serious trangression in America -- just look at Howard "Byaah!" Dean and Admiral James "Who am I? Why am I here?" Stockdale.
True, although for women the most serious transgression would be to look bad in the literal sense. This one could pick her nose and eat it on TV and wake up the next day with a dozen spokesmodel offers because she's a knockout. All the power to her. Milk it (but maybe have someone show you where the milk comes out of the cow).
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

And the next Beauty and the Geek contestant is.....
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:Looking bad on television is a pretty serious trangression in America -- just look at Howard "Byaah!" Dean and Admiral James "Who am I? Why am I here?" Stockdale.
True, but America is also all about redeption. You can always get a second chance with the American public, as they love good comeback stories.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:Makes purrfect sense to me. She sounds like the purrfect Democrat.
False.

There are no Democrats in South Carolina.
True, but America is also all about redeption. You can always get a second chance with the American public, as they love good comeback stories.
As soon as I find Nicole's real killer, I'm sure I'll get mine.

Sincerely,

O.J. Simpson
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:When the event first started in 1983, all semi-finalists had to go through the interview segment in the preliminary round. But starting in 2003, the interview segment was only applied to the last 5 finalists. So appearance alone could take a contestant to the final five, and apparently Lauren Caitlin Upton had the looks.

I'm just gonna hang out on this page for a while.

Thanks, Robbie.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

The Carolina Panthers are located just due north to her state, so in a few years, such might be on this squad. Her looks could probably automatically place her on the TopCats.

MacNews
Team Captain

Forget a few years, she can join my squad any day. :rockin:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

We know what happened to two of the cheerleaders don't we ? :roll:
Charlene

Here's her revised answer...

"Well, personally, my friends and I, we know exactly where the United States is on our map. I don't know anyone else who doesn't, and if the statistics are correct, I believe that there should be more emphasis on geography in our education so people will learn how to read maps better."

I don't know, i think i prefer her original answer!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Yay, Charlene for Miss USA!
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Dan Russell
Legend

Yea she cracked under the pressure and now will be ridiculed for the rest of her time.

Remember to buy your maps people.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Dan Russell wrote:Yea she cracked under the pressure and now will be ridiculed for the rest of her time.
For a second there, I thought you were talking ABOUT Charlene...

<ducking>
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Among the statistics when it comes to Americans and geography:
  • One-third of respondents couldn’t pinpoint Louisiana on a map and 48 percent were unable to locate Mississippi.
  • Fewer than three in 10 think it important to know the locations of countries in the news and just 14 percent believe speaking another language is a necessary skill.
  • Two-thirds didn’t know that the earthquake that killed 70,000 people in October 2005 occurred in Pakistan.
  • Six in 10 could not find Iraq on a map of the Middle East.
  • While the outsourcing of jobs to India has been a major U.S. business story, 47 percent could not find the Indian subcontinent on a map of Asia.
  • While Israeli-Palestinian strife has been in the news for the entire lives of the respondents, 75 percent were unable to locate Israel on a map of the Middle East.
  • Nearly three-quarters incorrectly named English as the most widely spoken native language.
  • Six in 10 did not know the border between North and South Korea is the most heavily fortified in the world. Thirty percent thought the most heavily fortified border was between the United States and Mexico.
  • 63 percent of Americans aged 18 to 24 failed to correctly locate the country on a map of the Middle East.
  • Seventy percent could not find Iran or Israel.
  • Nine in ten couldn't find Afghanistan on a map of Asia.
  • And 54 percent were unaware that Sudan is a country in Africa.
  • Remember the December 2004 tsunami and the widespread images of devastation in Indonesia? Three-quarters of respondents failed to find that country on a map. And three-quarters were unaware that a majority of Indonesia's population is Muslim, making it the largest Muslim country in the world.