Saddam Hung

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Blue Fan

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/12/sadd ... ution.html

(Caution: Very Very Graphic. You will see more than a Noose wrapped around his neck)
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Does anybody really need to see that??

More proof that the internet is not always a good thing IMO. sigh
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

He was better treated in his final days than alot of his victims.
hutch
Champion

see what? he falls and thats the end of it. Nothing to see really.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

meh its pretty graphic hutch.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
CB123
Legend

Does anybody really need to see that??
Its a good thing that it was put out. This way there wont be any of that "Hes still alive and living in Las Vegas" crap. If you dont wanna see it, you dont have to watch.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I met a prison guard who attended the last hanging in Canada at Oakalla Prison in the late 1960s IIRC the date correctly, and his words to me were that if anyone had to, like him, attend a hanging they would soon come to appreciate how barbaric state murder is.

I am opposed to capital punishment and will never understand how people can believe that state killings are justified.

Saddam was barbaric but life imprisonment would suffice for punishment.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

This man killed hundreds of people a lot worse than what happened to him and lived a very comfortable life off the suffering of others. I feel nothing for him.
Last edited by OrangeShoes99 on Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

jcalhoun wrote:

2). There is a hell of a difference between a man who's "hanged" and a man who's "hung."
:wink: :wink: :wink: Amen to that.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

jcalhoun wrote:Hey all,

I'm not a huge fan of capital punishment, but personally, I'm not going to shed any tears. Nor would I if say, Clifford Olson, Paul Bernardo, or a host of other deviants were to come to a state sanctioned end. Capital punishment is one of those issues that you tend to fall on one side or the other, and I don't see the point in thrashing out that argument here, as we are unlikely to reach any consensus.

Where we can reach consensus, and maybe lighten the mood, is to agree that 1). I'm a grammar Nazi, and 2). There is a hell of a difference between a man who's "hanged" and a man who's "hung."

Cheers,

James
Good post James. You summed up my feelings on the subject quite well. I think in certain cases the punishment does fit the crime. And in this case, Saddam got a just punishment.

There are some monsters on this planet that just don't deserve to live.

Osama is another one who I think should receive the same fate.

The problem is, there will always be someone waiting to take their place. :sigh:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I think hanging is way too good for these guys.

They should instead, be forced to live, with their eyes burned blind by acid, their tongues cut off, and their ear drums destroyed. Then put them in a dungeon and give them the bare necessities to keep them alive and no human contact whatsoever.

OTOH, regardless of the punishment, I see no need for it to be shown on Tv or the net.
nelson95
Legend

Saddam deserves to burn with many other leaders and join those in my hell including Reagan but how does killing him change Iraq today.

I think Saddam had alot of info on certain Yanks who think they are now safe. But they'll burn too.
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I personally so not care how hung Saddam is\was. Info I could well live without :yes:

I did not watch the video to find out. Have to wonder about the guys that did :wink:
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

nelson95 wrote:Saddam deserves to burn with many other leaders and join those in my hell including Reagan but how does killing him change Iraq today.
How does keeping alive help Iraq? This man would never cooperate in any way with the west, so if you're thinking he should be kept alive as a source of information, think again. He would never talk. If he had anything that valuable to offer, I think he would have used it save his life.

Killing Saddam has nothing to do with changing Iraq. It has to do with ridding this planet of an evil man whou caused mass suffering amongst his own people, as well as others. The families of those he killed and tortured can rest a little easier.

Keeping him alive serves little purpose. Good riddance.