Saddam Hung

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

TheZeppo
Starter

tigger wrote:
Keeping him alive serves little purpose. Good riddance.
Saddam, got off too easy. :thdn: He should of been Stoned Too Death, then drawn and quartered. :thup:
I am going to be kind here and assume that you don't know what "drawing and quartering" is. If in fact you do know what it is, then
you should be ashamed of yourself for what you wrote above.

Two and a half years ago, a group of Sunni fighters ambushed a convoy
of American "contractors" in the town of Falujah in western Iraq. The Iraqis did what you suggested would be a fitting punishment for Hussain, and then hung the dismembered body parts from a bridge.
This incident was one of the most unspeakably barbaric acts that I have ever had the misfortune of hearing about in my lifetime. How anybody living in Canada in the 21st. century could approve of such behavior, as you seem to do, is beyond my comprehension.
tigger
All Star

I am going to be kind here and assume that you don't know what "drawing and quartering" is. If in fact you do know what it is, then
Yes I do know what drawing and quartering is all about.

That was my opinion.

If you don't like it. Just move on. 8)

I didn't ask for your 2 cents worth.

And for me to be ashamed of myself, Well I'm NOT.

:roll:
Last edited by tigger on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS BECOME ARGO FANS
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheZeppo wrote:
tigger wrote:
Keeping him alive serves little purpose. Good riddance.
Saddam, got off too easy. :thdn: He should of been Stoned Too Death, then drawn and quartered. :thup:

Two and a half years ago, a group of Sunni fighters ambushed a convoy
of American "contractors" in the town of Falujah in western Iraq. The Iraqis did what you suggested would be a fitting punishment for Hussain, and then hung the dismembered body parts from a bridge.
This incident was one of the most unspeakably barbaric acts that I have ever had the misfortune of hearing about in my lifetime. How anybody living in Canada in the 21st. century could approve of such behavior, as you seem to do, is beyond my comprehension.
there are certain people in this world who do deserve the above, and worse. Dam Sad Hussein being one of them. The fact that we in Canada are or should be more civilized does not change that. Nor does it stop us from recognizing it, or from having basic human emotion of revulsion and desire for well deserved punishment. What being civilized should do, however, is prevent us from experiencing any joy and excitement when such just punishment is dished out. It is a solomn occasion for humanity both the acts of the one being punished and the need for the punishment. One should still feel some saddness and reqret over the event, just as myself as a parent, I am often saddened at having to punish one of my children. It is a sad day whenever one human chooses to behave in such a detrimental way to earth society that it is needed to bannish that person from this world\life and send him\her on their way to be dealt with by God.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back