Wind Storm

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

smphantom
Legend

My power went out around 3 am Friday morning, and didn't return until approximately 10:30 Saturday night! No heat, lights, hot water and cable/Internet during this time. :bang:

I ended up going in to work in Burnaby to shower/shave Saturday afternoon as I had to go out to a party. Sure makes you appreciate having electricity etc, and I agree with TheLionKing, that this is payback for the awesome Summer we had this year!
Stay thirsty my friends.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

My sister's place, it went out about 3am Thu, then came back on about 10am, then went out again in the wee hours of Friday, and didn't come back on until about 4pm Sunday.

Meanwhile, here in Pitt Meadows, it never even flickered...
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

D-uh!
DELTA (NEWS1130) - A 66-year-old man and a 65-year-old woman have been found dead in their North Burnaby home. Burnaby RCMP say the cause of death is carbon monoxide poisoning. Officers located a gasoline-powered generator inside the home, which they had been running due to the recent power outages. All of the windows and doors to the house were closed.

Police warn generators produce toxic gases, such as carbon monoxide, and should be kept outside in a well-ventilated area where the exhaust can?t enter your home. The names of the deceased have not been released.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Just when we thought we were finally over the storms, another one has arrived! :x
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Let's hope it's not as damaging as the last one. :cr:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

It seems like the major effects were just limited to power outages. Right now, it seems like Colorado is most affected by the weather with a huge blizzard.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Thank goodness it missed Vancouver overnight.