Wind Storm

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

My house won't have power till monday probably which sucks, so im staying at a friends house.

anyone else afected by the storm?

my neighbours skylight broke and wow i thought i my house was gonna get nailed...thank god it didnt.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

It was scary last night. Windows were visibly shaking during the storm. Luckily we escaped without any damage. I feel for those people who's house were damaged by falling trees.
bbgirl
Legend

Our lights flickered a bit, but that's all we had to deal with. My sister, on the other hand, hasn't had power since 3am. Going on 24 hours. Sucks.

What a crazy storm we're having -- snow, thunder, and lightning.
CB123
Legend

anyone else afected by the storm?
Yeah, in the best way possible too! School was closed cuz it didnt have any power! :thup: That made up for not getting a snow-day a couple weeks ago.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Many parts of Greater Seattle went through at least a 24 hour power outage.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Kind of make one appreciate what early settlers went through without electricity.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Kind of make one appreciate what early settlers went through without electricity.
actually, since they were used to it, it was way less "hardship" than it seems to be for us.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

yaya my poweres on
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
nelson95
Legend

I lost at least 40 min of sleep I'll never get back. Damn!!!
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

nelson95 wrote:I lost at least 40 min of sleep I'll never get back. Damn!!!
No big deal ! Just go to bed 40 minutes later. :wink:
Charlene

I woke up at 3am when the power went out and had a shower so i could use the hot water before it went away or the people upstairs used it haha. I didn't want to be stuck without hot water before work! Then i realized i didn't have a battery for my alarm clock or any sort of backup. I went back to sleep anyways, and woke up late for work, but they told me not to come in anyways....

so i went shopping 8)
Robbie
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Kind of make one appreciate what early settlers went through without electricity.
actually, since they were used to it, it was way less "hardship" than it seems to be for us.
Perhaps a better statement would be, it makes us more sympathetic to the victims of Hurricane Katrina and the Indian Ocean Tsunami.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

For the first time in my life, I got just a little inkling of what it might feel to be in a real storm. I have never seen trees blow that way before. Neighbour lost one of his. Stuff was blowing around on the porch, branches breaking, lightining with power lines arcing for good effect. Sirens almost constantly going. Wow. First time I have ever felt even a little uneasy about the weather.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Nature is just getting even for the extended summer and fall.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

I just realized how much of an electricity junkie I am! :shock: The storm kept me up all night Thursday, and I actually saw and heard the line snap that knocked our power out. Initially I thought it was just a line down, but apparently a big ass tree came down, and brought the power pole with it! :thdn: This was at about 315am. We were basically without from 315am Friday morning until a little after 8pm Saturday night. Cable/internet didn't come back til this morning. I like electricity and heat. I really do. Fortunately the portable DVD player was charged, and so were our Palm Pilots so we had SOME entertainment! :rockin: Anyway, nothing damaged-everything's back on-life is good! :thup:
Real women wear orange!!