New Year's Eve 2006/2007

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Charlene

I usually go to house parties, i've never had to pay for New Year's (besides the load of alcohol :wink: )

This year i think i'll be in Victoria...not sure what we're doing there, but that's where we will be.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Oh... and probably cook up a nice little surf/turf meal with wine pairing, followed by marinated strawberries, served with vanilla infused marscapone and a balsamic/red wine reduction sauce and Champagne for midnight (TG for 1/2 bottles).
OK, now that is just plain cruel. :sigh: :lol:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:A few years back my girlfriend and I forked over $200 bucks for a dinner and dance at the Vancouver Convention Centre.
That's a great story, and perfectly captures the utter lameness that is the expensive New Year's Eve "gala". My sister had an almost identical experience at the Convention Centre a number of years ago, as did I many moons ago in Whistler. I was young and stupid, and we paid big bucks to go to the worst party of my life at the Whistler Convention Centre, surrounded by idiots with whom I wouldn't ever want to associate any other day of the year. I think I was about 23 at the time, and that lesson has always stuck with me regarding New Year's Eve...
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
O'Shea

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Oh... and probably cook up a nice little surf/turf meal with wine pairing, followed by marinated strawberries, served with vanilla infused marscapone and a balsamic/red wine reduction sauce and Champagne for midnight (TG for 1/2 bottles).
OK, now that is just plain cruel. :sigh: :lol:
Not really.... I only listed dessert and not the actual meal menu :wink:
bbgirl
Legend

So, what's for dinner then? :)
Shelion
Champion

bbgirl wrote:So, what's for dinner then? :)
Yeah, and are we all invited? :lol:
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Hey, you are supposed to say "When do you want us to show up", not "Are we all invited". No sense in giving a choice now is there.
Last edited by Sir Purrcival on Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Formal or semi formal ?
pinkfreud

Well, I'm bringing the salad and some champagne. I think you and bbgirl are bringing some appetizers SP. Now if Shannon would just tell us if the oven will be free, that might help you with your selection. Glenn, you're bringing a bottle or two of champagne right?

I say if we arrive at 3:00 that'll give us a good ol' long time chez O'Shea.

:lol:

She's so gonna freak when she reads this thread.

:lol:
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

She's so gonna freak when she reads this thread.
specially if you post her address :twisted:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Soundy
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Formal or semi formal ?
Formal just means you have to wear a tie... doesn't say you need a shirt under it.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:A few years back my girlfriend and I forked over $200 bucks for a dinner and dance at the Vancouver Convention Centre.
(Much insanity trimmed)
Hmmm, I used to roadie for Wall Street, a local party band... I've worked a lot of those kinds of gigs, back in the day, when CFMI had their annual "World's Largest Office Party"... New Years... etc. Seen a LOT of weirdness like you experienced, from the safety of backstage. Some seemed to go over better than others, especially for people who came with their own group. Nothing I would ever really want to shell out money to attend though.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

What ever happened to Wall Street ?
Soundy
Hall of Famer

They still play the odd corporate show, far as I know, but for the most part they're all married, got kids, etc. - you know, they GREW UP - so the whole band thing is kinda pushed to the background. Thing with them was, they always all had "real" jobs and careers, so the band thing was mostly just a hobby (a good-paying, self-supporting hobby, mind you).
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Used to look forward to the World's Largest Office party at the Hyatt Regency. Too bad it's gone.