Sony PlayStation 3

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

The news is stating that many across North America are camping outside of stores to get their hands on a Sony Playstation 3 console. And many of them aren't planning to keep them, but to re-sell them for profit.

Any of you planning to camp outside a store tonight?
MacNews
Team Captain

No but I passed by some suckers waiting outside with crappy plastic chairs and blankets. I'm gonna laugh when the first-gen bugs start coming out.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

MacNews wrote:when the first-gen bugs start coming out.
Yeah, some older games cannot be played.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news ... 8ab9ceb5fe
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I saw it on the local news tonight. People were camping out like it was a Boxing Day sale. What's the big deal about being the first one on your block to own one ? There will be plenty in the new year.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I saw it on the local news tonight. People were camping out like it was a Boxing Day sale. What's the big deal about being the first one on your block to own one ? There will be plenty in the new year.
I guess some people are just too restless. The same goes for certain movies. People were camping outside theatres for the first showing of Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith.

It looks like in Vancouver, people camped outside London Drugs:

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/ ... 96&k=52452
almo89
Legend

I work at eBay and they were on average selling for 3-4000 bucks a piece. That's just nuts. I mean the ppl that are selling them are smart ppl but the buyers are stupid. I mean you can wait until Future Shop stocks up and get it for 600 bucks. I don't see the hurry.
LFITQ
Team Captain

I am actually going to wait for about a year before I buy one. That is IF I buy one. Not too happy with how poorly made my PS2 was, so am going to wait and bit and make sure the bugs are worked out before I slap down $500+ for one.

I am curious about the Ninetendo Wii though (with my younger kids, the games are more appealing to my family), that controller has me curious.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
hutch
Champion

LFITQ wrote:I am actually going to wait for about a year before I buy one. That is IF I buy one. Not too happy with how poorly made my PS2 was, so am going to wait and bit and make sure the bugs are worked out before I slap down $500+ for one.

I am curious about the Ninetendo Wii though (with my younger kids, the games are more appealing to my family), that controller has me curious.
We got our ps2 a few weeks after it first came out and it's still going strong. Never had a problem with it.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Am on my second PS2, because the first one was too old and the light wouldn't work, but I still play it daily.

Went to Boston Pizza last night and our waiter waited outside Future shop for 16 hours to get one and now plans to sell it for 1600.

Will probably get one for my birthday in July (PS3)
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Robbie
Hall of Famer

According to eBay right now, average selling price is $1,633.
obs
Champion

"The biggest thing is it addresses high-definition TV," he said. "The main thing is how realistic it is -- it is more like watching a movie than playing a game."

:lol: More like watching a movie ... you can watch a movie without it being in HD. Reminds me a bit of Dragon's Lair. Sure, the graphics were great (think it was a laserdisc), but it was one of the crappiest games ever made as far as gameplay.

If I was betting on a system, I'd go with the Wii over the PS3.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

obs wrote:Reminds me a bit of Dragon's Lair. Sure, the graphics were great (think it was a laserdisc), but it was one of the crappiest games ever made as far as gameplay.
Yeah, Dragon's Lair was a real blast with its animated cartoon graphics when it first came out in June of 1983. Everytime someone was playing, there was a huge crowd around the console watching. This is a good web page about that game:

http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/games/pages/dl.asp
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Certain things are worth lining up for. The people lined up are either:
1)Alpha-consumers - they have to be the first one to buy, setting the trend for the rest

2)Desperate - apparently they don't have anything better to do.......
MacNews
Team Captain

Robbie wrote:Yeah, Dragon's Lair was a real blast with its animated cartoon graphics when it first came out in June of 1983. Everytime someone was playing, there was a huge crowd around the console watching. This is a good web page about that game:

http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/games/pages/dl.asp
The game was animated by veteran Disney animator Don Bluth and his studio. Development was done on a shoestring budget, cost US$1 million and took seven months to complete. Since the studio couldn't afford to hire any models, the animators used photos from Playboy magazines for inspiration for the character Princess Daphne. The animators also used their own voices for all the characters instead of hiring actors in order to keep costs down.
:lol: :lol:
bbgirl
Legend

I miss my original NES. :sigh: