Fast-Food Poll #3: Favourite Submarine Sandwich Chain

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

What is your favourite submarine sandwich franchise?

Mr. Sub
19%
Quiznos
44%
Subway
37%

Total votes: 27
Black99GT

i prefer SUBWAY...i like the sweet onion chicken teriyaki...

i don't really care much for quizno's...
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
LFITQ wrote:But PG also has a "Pita Pit". Where does that factor in?
I don't think there are any Pita Pit's in Greater Vancouver, and my poll was exclusively for fast-food chains in the Lower Mainland.
There's a few of them around in Van proper -- one on UBC campus, another downtown on Granville, a third on BWay in Kits, possibly others... dunno about the burbs...
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Charlene

Pita Pits are all over!

For the king of internet research, you should have been able to find that out :wink:

Abbotsford
Burnaby
Chilliwack
Kamloops
Kelowna
Langley
Nanaimo
Penticton
Prince George
Vancouver
Victoria
and Whistler

I would pick Pita Pit if i could, it's sooooooooo good!

But sicne it's not there, i picked Mr. Sub. Only because they have mushrooms and Subway doesn't (i complain every time i've ever been there) and i don't like the toasted buns at Quizno's.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Charlene wrote:Pita Pits are all over!

For the king of internet research, you should have been able to find that out :wink:
Okay, you got me there. :oops:

But I didn't list Pita Pit because I don't think pita sandwiches are the same as submarine sandwiches. And as indicated earlier, I want to compare exclusively submarine sandwiches, otherwise I'd have to list every single sandwich shop.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

It looks like Javier Glatt enjoys a Subway ham and turkey sandwich before each game.

http://www.bclions.com/index.php?module ... ros_id=312
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Even with all those little orange footballs that Subway has been throwing into the stands, Quiznos is still more popular than Subway. I guess food and toys are two different things.

Still, very good of Subway to partner with the Lions.
bc49
Hall of Famer

I've only had Mr. Sub once at BCIT and it kicked ass.
I had a Quizno's a few weeks back and ordered some beef thing and it was covered in this gross white sauce. Still don't know what the white sauce was or what I was doing continuing to eat it. Blech.
Subway gets the LIONS share of my long sandwich requirements due to convenient locations and a no mystery sauce policy but Mr. Sub got my vote.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Could've been the steakhouse beef dip, and that mystery sauce would've been horseradish.
Last edited by Canuck_4_Life on Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bosco
Team Captain

I voted for Subway...love the BMT on Italian herb and cheese! :helmet:
bbgirl
Legend

As a former "Sandwich Artist," I voted Subway. [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/tn ... s/nerd.gif[/img]
MacNews
Team Captain

AC/DCrocks wrote:Quizno's gets my vote, little pricie but good quality.
Too pricey for my vote.