Fast-Food Poll #2: Favourite Fried Chicken Franchise

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

What is your favourite fast-food fried chicken chain?

Church's Chicken
13%
KFC
87%

Total votes: 15
Robbie
Hall of Famer

The second poll will deal with fast-food franchises that sell fried chicken. I'm only aware of two of them in the Greater Vancouver area. In other places such as the east coast and various states, there is a franchise called Popeye's. I found their chicken to be very similar to Church's Chicken.

If I had to choose between Church's and KFC, my nod would go to Church's as I think their chicken chunks are bigger and more tender. I also like the additional menu items at Church's better such as their Corn-on-the-Cob and Cole Slaw. The only thing I really like about KFC is their hot wings.

Do you remember the days when the full name of KFC was used? Kentucky Fried Chicken changed their name to KFC in 1991 to create the impression that they sold more than just fried chicken.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

This is a hard one for me. Reg KFC is better than REG Churches, but Churches oven roasted is better than anything KFC has.

KFC has better potato salad.
Churches has better fries.

I guess I make my vote based on REG to REG,

I miss the days when I forget which city had which between VAN, TO and WPG, but I think Van had Ernies, TO had Scotts, and I forget the other.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

Don't eat fried chicken much but the last time I had Church's it was GROSS so my vote goes to KFC.
Bighill is Badass
Arny
Champion

What about A&W Chubby chicken? It's decent. Does anyone else remember "Brownies" chicken??
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Arny wrote:What about A&W Chubby chicken? It's decent. Does anyone else remember "Brownies" chicken??
I was wondering that myself Arny. Even though A&W is not a "chicken chain" per se, their chicken is far better than KFC now. I can say that now that I am an unbiased consumer.
Real women wear orange!!
LFITQ
Team Captain

A&W is all we have to choose from here in Quesnel considering the KFC closed down (they never had any - get this - CHICKEN, and for some reason sales dropped).

I have never even heard of Church's. I do remember "Brownie's". Heck even Merritt had a "Brownie's".

One thing I found lately is that A&W's chicken is a little more salty than KFC. That and my A&W up here is pretty stingy as they give far too many wings and drums ...
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Shelion
Champion

We don't have a Church's in Langley, and I don't like KFC, so I have to go with Lee's Chicken (Col. Sanders cousin) :rockin:
Black99GT

i dont eat fried chicken...i do eat hot wings though :)
Robbie
Hall of Famer

It looks like I'm the only one who voted for Church's. With 17 locations in BC, there are probably more of those franchises than KFC. And unlike several KFC's, I think most of not all the Church's are standalone locations instead of units at a shopping centre food court.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

hmm...chicken even less popular than hamburger.

every KFC I go to is stand alone.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Rammer
Team Captain

Robbie wrote:It looks like I'm the only one who voted for Church's. With 17 locations in BC, there are probably more of those franchises than KFC. And unlike several KFC's, I think most of not all the Church's are standalone locations instead of units at a shopping centre food court.
KFC seems to be run by staffs that don't care much, don't go there unless a family member visiting has the preference of KFC. Church's in our area provides the variety of chicken, roasted, tempura, or reg along with smokin fries, I voted for them. Kids love the A & W chicken fingers, which are very good as well, although slightle on the expensive side.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:KFC seems to be run by staffs that don't care much, don't go there unless a family member visiting has the preference of KFC. Church's in our area provides the variety of chicken, roasted, tempura, or reg along with smokin fries, I voted for them.
:whs:
Well said, Rammer. It's good to finally see somebody with the same preference when it comes to fried chicken. :thup:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The KFC on Hastings is now Starbucks. :x :bang: Guess it's Church's for me.
Bosco
Team Captain

As far as KFC vs Church, my vote goes to KFC.

Throwing another name into mix, Nando's is also a fine place for chicken. :thup:
Rammer
Team Captain

Bosco wrote:As far as KFC vs Church, my vote goes to KFC.

Throwing another name into mix, Nando's is also a fine place for chicken. :thup:
I always consider Nando's, how is it? Swiss Chalet should be considered as well.
Entertainment value = an all time low