Bobblehead Collection

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

Bosco
Team Captain

Fine looking collection, Bob - although I think you'll be in the market for more shelf space. :thup:

PS: Love the curtains :wink:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

For those of you who really want one, this 2002 Damon Allen bobblehead giveaway is currently on eBay.

ImageImage
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Wear orange or wear nothing
Bosco
Team Captain

Bob - that is one heck of a collection! :thup:

PS: Love the curtains!
Ballistic Bob
Legend

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Bob -- is the football in that first photo game-used and/or autographed?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

That football fell into my friend Vic Dougan hands at the end of a game in 2005. He was just leaving when it was tossed up into the stands. He didnt see who threw it. Its not autoed yet. BB
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Ballistic Bob
Legend

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Nice collection. :thup:
lion24
Legend

i noticed the 1950's monkey i posted about in your collection. that thing still looks a little frightening to me??! do you know the story behind the monkey?
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Robbie
Hall of Famer

The Seattle Mariners are very generous again this upcoming season with four bobblehead giveway nights, all on a Friday evening:

April 27 - Ichiro "Gold Glove" Bobblehead
May 18 - Felix Hernandez Bobblehead
June 29 - Kenji Johjima Bobblehead
August 17 - Raul Iba?ez Bobblehead
Lionut
Hall of Famer

I'm just looking at this thread for the first time. Bob, that is a seriously great collection. I'm specifically taken by the black Lions gym bag with the old school logo. That looks like it is right out of the late'70s or early 80s -- I can remember using those to haul my stuff back and forth to school. Most of mine were a garish green and gold (Windsor High colours, natch), but I would have killed for one of those -- never saw a Lions version until just now.

My ten year old son is already looking like he is going to have a VERY expensive sports memorabilia habit -- I wonder where he got that from? :roll:
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Thnx for the high praise. I got the black bag from a collector a few months ago and then i see an orange one at a card show. Had never seen them before and then 2 come up. Go figure. Anyways start your son off on the free giveaways first when the RRs start up again. good luck BB
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Hi I picked up a another Damon Allen and a Bros Jake bobblehead for 4.00 each at the local thrift store. The collection keeps growing. BB