Bobblehead Collection

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

Ballistic Bob
Legend

Hi everyone. Im the proud owner of a B.C. Lion bobblehead collection. I purchased the collection from Vic Dougan. These bobbleheads were hand painted by Matt Hirsch circa 1995. Anybody know of his whereabouts. Anyone else have a collection. thnx BB
Last edited by Ballistic Bob on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Superfan

Nice. I like it. Looks good with your display.
Shelion
Champion

Nice collection Bob! :thup:
CB123
Legend

wow ur so lucky! I wish I had a set of those! How much did you pay?
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Ballistic Bob
Legend

wow ur so lucky! I wish I had a set of those! How much did you pay?
Hall of Famer

Bob. The Lions should do an honourary bobblehead of you. I'd buy one.

Maybe two.

:roar: :helmet:
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Maybe two.
Thnx Dale I think. At least they could do another bobblehead. Damon was the last one. Anyone know what the give aways are this year? The announcement should be out soon if not. BB
Shelion
Champion

Blue In BC wrote:Bob. The Lions should do an honourary bobblehead of you. I'd buy one.

Maybe two.

:roar: :helmet:
Hmmm, a Ballistic Boblehead. Would it come with an optional shirt 8)
Either way, I would buy one! :wink:
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Hmmm, a Ballistic Boblehead. Would it come with an optional shirt
Either way, I would buy one!
Stop it you guys im getting a swelled bobblehead. I picked up a Bros. Jake bobblehead in New west today. I never got to the giveaway in time last year. The collection is a growing
Wear orange or wear nothing
Superfan

Ballistic Bob wrote:
Hmmm, a Ballistic Boblehead. Would it come with an optional shirt
Either way, I would buy one!
Stop it you guys im getting a swelled bobblehead. I picked up a Bros. Jake bobblehead in New west today. I never got to the giveaway in time last year. The collection is a growing
I am looking for the Lui bobblehead. Missed it when they were available. Any ideas where I can find one? There hasn't been one on ebay lately.

Currently I have the Bro Jake and the Damon Allen.

Thanks.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Lui bobblehead.
Hi you might check the Lions office. they have a small store their. I dont remember the Loo bobblehead. a babushka doll of Loo, Damon allen had a bobblehead. Do you know what year for the Loo. Ill ask my friend in Parksville. He owns everything that the Lions brought out except a sideline jacket that David owns and Vic covets. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Shelion
Champion

I don't remember a Lui bobblehead either.
Superfan

Really? I'm positive there was. It would have been a few years ago. It was a gameday giveaway if I remember correctly. Then later in the season I thought it was available for purchase. I didn't buy it at the time, now I wish I had.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Ballistic Bob wrote:

Maybe two.
Thnx Dale I think. At least they could do another bobblehead. Damon was the last one. Anyone know what the give aways are this year? The announcement should be out soon if not. BB
Yeah, I hope the Lions have another bobblehead giveaway. Last night, the Seattle Mariners had another Ichiro Suzuki Bobblehead giveway night for the fifth season in a row. The Mariners have been very generous with their promotions and giveaways.

During the Lions various ownership reigns, I'd say the most generous period in terms of giveaways was during the time Bill Comrie owned the team.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Superfan wrote:Really? I'm positive there was. It would have been a few years ago. It was a gameday giveaway if I remember correctly. Then later in the season I thought it was available for purchase. I didn't buy it at the time, now I wish I had.
I also do not recall a Lui Passaglia bobblehead. Bobbleheads became more popular around 2002, by which time Passaglia had already retired so I don't think they made one of him.

I only remember one ever bobblehead giveaway at a Lions game, and that was a Damon Allen bobblehead in a game on September 13, 2002 against the Edmonton Eskimos.

Here is an article about that evening:
http://www.canoe.ca/Slam020914/cfl_edm-sun.html

It says that only 3000 free Damon Allen bobbleheads were handed out that night, which is nowhere near as generous as the Mariners with their Ichiro bobbleheads, which they handed out to the first 25,000.