Custom BC Lion Funko Pop - JJ24

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

I am bit of a nerd and get the occasional kick out of those Funko Pop vinyl figures, usually the ones that relate to some childhood obsession or happy memory. Now I have seen a few of the NFL figures, which typically leads me to think I would love something like that but in a CFL player. Well, unless things change significantly, Funko won’t be making any CFL vinyl pops anytime soon so I decided to make my own.

JJ24 is my favourite player amongst all my favourites so I decided to make a Funko of him.
78599DEB-2DC3-45A4-804A-689CC5F1D097.jpeg
C084DF05-83F8-4F61-AE15-FB89A0FF4EC8.jpeg
I found the Julio Jones figure would make a good base as it has the headband and similar hair style to JJ24. There certainly is a sizeable community out there who create customs and detail how they do it via YouTube, etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Very cool.

And good choice with JJ24. :thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

CardiacKid wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:38 pm
I am bit of a nerd and get the occasional kick out of those Funko Pop vinyl figures, usually the ones that relate to some childhood obsession or happy memory. Now I have seen a few of the NFL figures, which typically leads me to think I would love something like that but in a CFL player. Well, unless things change significantly, Funko won’t be making any CFL vinyl pops anytime soon so I decided to make my own.

JJ24 is my favourite player amongst all my favourites so I decided to make a Funko of him.

I found the Julio Jones figure would make a good base as it has the headband and similar hair style to JJ24. There certainly is a sizeable community out there who create customs and detail how they do it via YouTube, etc.
Thanks for sharing your creative work CardiacKid. I got a real kick out of it too! The JJ24 figure put an instant smile on my face, and every bit as impressive was your packaging job. That is one slick-looking box with Johnson's name on it. Nicely done! (Kinda' poignant timing though -- with him likely not playing anymore...)
CardiacKid
Legend

Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:37 pm
CardiacKid wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Thanks for sharing your creative work CardiacKid. I got a real kick out of it too! The JJ24 figure put an instant smile on my face, and every bit as impressive was your packaging job. That is one slick-looking box with Johnson's name on it. Nicely done! (Kinda' poignant timing though -- with him likely not playing anymore...)
I was definitely thinking of JJ24’s future with the team as I put the finishing touches on this figure. I am hoping his family will be attending the game tonight despite his status as I am thinking of giving them the figure in person. I think his kids will get a kick out of it....
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

[/quote]
I was definitely thinking of JJ24’s future with the team as I put the finishing touches on this figure. I am hoping his family will be attending the game tonight despite his status as I am thinking of giving them the figure in person. I think his kids will get a kick out of it....
[/quote]

Nice idea -- for sure such a gesture would be appreciated. Even if the kids are not in attendance perhaps you could somehow hand it (via security personnel?) to Jeremiah himself as he'll surely be on the sidelines there cheering on his team-mates. You'd likely get an up-close-and-personal gold-tooth smile in return. Good luck.
CardiacKid
Legend

Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:03 pm
[/quote]

Nice idea -- for sure such a gesture would be appreciated. Even if the kids are not in attendance perhaps you could somehow hand it (via security personnel?) to Jeremiah himself as he'll surely be on the sidelines there cheering on his team-mates. You'd likely get an up-close-and-personal gold-tooth smile in return. Good luck.
[/quote]

I had no trouble finding JJ24’s family and got them his custom Funko Pop. But his kids were so taken with it, I promised to make 2 more for them. I just hope Canada Post doesn’t go on strike as I had to order a couple more base figures via Amazon. I have until the next home game to get those done.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

CardiacKid wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:33 pm
"I had no trouble finding JJ24’s family and got them his custom Funko Pop. But his kids were so taken with it, I promised to make 2 more for them. I just hope Canada Post doesn’t go on strike as I had to order a couple more base figures via Amazon. I have until the next home game to get those done."

Might UPS or FedEx be alternatives to Canada Post for Amazon order delivery? Dunno from experience, but the thought came to mind. Nice story -- about your connection with the kids.