Is 56 Parkies still around?

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

Hey folks,

I was browsing the Collectibles forum when I ran across a thread started by member 56 Parkies where he was advertising the fact he can get a couple of John Wirtanen's books re. collecting Leo's memorabilia out to anyone that wants them.

The thread in question is several years old now but maybe 56 Parkies still checks out the forum? Maybe some of the other users have a way of getting touch? Or maybe even how I can get copies of these books? I don't even know if John Wirtanen is available to contact.

Thanks for any info. I really love these types of publications, not only because of they pertain to the Lions but also retro graphic design.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

You r welcome to look through all his books at my place. I'll do a little research for an address. He used to come over from Victoria to sign his books at local card shows a few years back. Thnx BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
CardiacKid
Legend

Thanks Ballistic Bob!
I live in Victoria so checking your library will be kinda difficult. But I am going to try Russell Books over here in Victoria to see if they can help. I have found a couple of his titles on eBay and ABEBooks but not these ones.
Thanks again,
CK
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

A little belated Cardiac. Did you ever catch up to 56Parkies? He posts almost daily over on Esksfans.com. I thought he was located in Victoria. He had been there for several years but his profile over there says he's back living in Edmonton.

http://www.esksfans.com/forum/member.php?249-56Parkies
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.