Post cereal boxes

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

This past Fall (as a lead-in to Grey Cup), Post came out with collectable cereal boxes for each of the 9 CFL teams, in which consumers could win 1 of 250 official team jerseys. The Lions' "Sugar-Crisp" box was impossible to find (at least for me). However, I just discovered a whole pallet of them at a "No Frills" grocery store near my house for just $2.00 a box!

If anyone collects this item or wants one, please PM me and I can either save it for the season and bring it to a game, you can arrange to pick up from me, or you can pay shipping costs and I can mail it. I own this box and the Bighill/Reilly action shot on the "Honey Bunches Oats" that Post put out earlier in the 2016 season. :thup:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Dusty
Champion

You are in Kits?? Which No Frills???
Kamloops Lion
All Star

Please save me one!
David
Team Captain

Dusty wrote:You are in Kits?? Which No Frills???
Yea, it's the one on 4th Avenue just east of Burrard (between Burrard and Fir). I was kind of geeked to discover so many of them as it's been a bit of a 4 leafed clover to find this item. I've seen many of the other team boxes (i.e. Shreddies/Ti-Cats, Honeycomb/Argos), but never the Lions. I considered calling Post to find out where I could get it. I struck out at Safeways, IGAs, Overwaitea....
Kamloops Lion wrote:Please save me one!
Sure. Can pick up a box today. Save it for when?

Roar, You Lions, Roar
David
Team Captain

Just went back there today, and managed to snag the last box for Kamloops Lion. No more left. I don't know if they're getting more in, but I was surprised to just see other Post cereal boxes left on the pallet when there were plenty of BC Lions ones yesterday. I guess at $2.00 a box, it stands to reason. It's a nice collectable too.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
CardiacKid
Legend

David wrote:Just went back there today, and managed to snag the last box for Kamloops Lion. No more left. I don't know if they're getting more in, but I was surprised to just see other Post cereal boxes left on the pallet when there were plenty of BC Lions ones yesterday. I guess at $2.00 a box, it stands to reason. It's a nice collectable too.

I was a little disappointed in this promotion. Yes, it was cool to get a cereal box with the Lions jersey; I have mine on display in my Lion's man-cave along with the cereal box with Biggie and Reilly. And I was totally fine with not winning a jersey as I did get 10% a single-item purchase in the CFL store.

But has anybody actually bought anything from the CFL online store? I was all set to do so when it told me what the shipping costs were going to be....$23 at the cheapest! I stopped right there and said screw it. I wanted to buy a pair of sweat pants; I don't think it is outlandish to expect a lower shipping cost. I have purchased 2 t-shirts from the Redblacks online store that cost $10-$11 in S&H.

Maybe if they offer substantial discounts will I revisit the possibility of buying something from CFL.ca but until then, no way!
Kamloops Lion
All Star

Sorry for the delay.
I am in Kamloops, but have brothers down in North Van.
Maybe I can arrange for one of them to pick up the cereal box?