Football 202??

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Nick Hebeler was at my friend's hockey game today. If it wasn't him I'd be damed.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

How was it? Awesome!!
How do I feel? Sunburnt, sore, and totally thrilled!
What did I learn?

I learned the difference between a backside gap and a vertical seam-thanks Gerald and Nick!. I learned that every single position is the most important position on the field (at least that's what each of the players told us! :wink: ) I learned that I can snap the ball pretty decently-thanks Tyson!. I learned that my butt is my friend, especially when running backwards-right, Mark? I learned how NOT to do a reverse pivot-sorry Lyle! I learned how to do about 6 receiving routes, none of which I'll divulge here-don't worry, Ryan! I learned how to make my shoulder not hurt while throwing the ball-thanks, Buck! I learned what positions Sam and Willy are-thanks, Kevin and Glen! I learned to watch and appreciate the game more, which I think was the goal of the course. I learned that regardless of age, weight or level of fitness, ANY woman can learn about football! I learned that the BC Lions have probably the most knowledgeable, most patient, and most fun players and alumni of anyone in the league. They listened, laughed, answered questions, and helped 80 women from all walks of life to understand and appreciate this game we love just a little bit more. Thank you Lions organization, players, alumni and organizers for all your hard work!

Kim (Group 3)
Real women wear orange!!
MrsLFITQ

Excellent summary, Kim! Makes me wish I could have made it down. :bawl: :bawl:
Hopefully they'll do it again next year :cr:
Sounds like it would have been a blast. Thanks for the posting the pics SolarMax - always nice to know what I've missed!

Oh well, I enjoyed my Mother's Day weekend anyway.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

MrsLFITQ wrote:Excellent summary, Kim! Makes me wish I could have made it down. :bawl: :bawl:
Hopefully they'll do it again next year :cr:
Sounds like it would have been a blast. Thanks for the posting the pics SolarMax - always nice to know what I've missed!

Oh well, I enjoyed my Mother's Day weekend anyway.
We definitely missed you, Shannon! You would have had a blast! Judging by the success of the inaugural Football 202, they'll do it again next year for sure! Even though I've already done it, I wouldn't mind trying it again, just for the fun factor! Glad you had a nice Mother's Day weekend-see you guys in a few weeks I hope! :wink:
Real women wear orange!!
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

I have some pictures to post, but I had a meeting with a bottle of Crown last night then worked all day today....I'll post them tomorrow...

I will say the orange shoes are now sporting the signature of one Nick Hebeler... :rockin:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Superfan

Robbie wrote:
Superfan wrote:My girlfriend doesn't know it yet, be she is going to be signed up first thing Monday morning. She needs to learn a few things.... :roll:
So Superfan, did you accompany your girlfriend to this event? What were her thoughts about the event?
Unfortunately, she was unable to attend due to other commitments. I also was unable to attend the tailgater. The pictures are excellent though and will be used to entice her to next year's football 202.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Finally got my stuff together...here are my pics from the day...

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/ ... 0202/?sc=6
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Superfan

Nice pictures. It looks like it was fun. Too bad we couldn't make it. :no:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

It looks like this year's Football 202 will be on June 23, 2007. So ladies, plan ahead for this day. :yes:

http://www.bclions.com/index.php?module ... t&catID=20

Football 202
Date: June 23, 2007
Place: Surrey training facility- 10605 135th street, BC, V3T 4C8
Time: 11 am- 1pm
Description: Football 202 is a follow up of Football 101. Women are taught football skills by the 2006 Grey Cup Champion BC Lions players and Alumni. After completing the course, women are given a football t-shirt, certificate and game ticket to the July 6th home opener game. Way to go ladies!
Shelion
Champion

I'm already registered :beauty:
Who else is in?
Charlene

Oh geez. I'm doing a 12 hour Relay the night before that ends at 7am. This isn't going to be pretty! LOL
bbgirl
Legend

I'm in!
MacNews
Team Captain

I've been bugging Lui to startup a Football 101/202 for guys but he hasn't bitten yet.
Legal Leo
Starter

I'm in too.. see you guys there... :pass:
LL
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Legal Leo wrote:I'm in too.. see you guys there... :pass:
LL
You betcha! :rockin: :rockin:
Real women wear orange!!