Football 202??

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Anyone else interested?? Doesn't sound like you have to have taken Football 101 before. I think I could do it...... 8)

http://www.bclions.com/index.php?module ... y&ceid=941
Real women wear orange!!
Shelion
Champion

I am already registered :yahoo:
You don't have to take the 101 class first
It will be a blast!
:beer:
MrsLFITQ

I was pleasantly surprised they called and left a message on my machine telling me about Football 202. Its tempting - they are finally doing something on a Saturday! Last year I finally got to Football 101 and really enjoyed it. Have to think about taking the Friday off to go down for 202. Its a long ways to go for 2 hours, so going to have to think about it.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Shelion wrote:I am already registered :yahoo:
You don't have to take the 101 class first
It will be a blast!
:beer:
Yay! I registered already as well. We'll probably grab the 7am ferry (if it doesn't sink :roll: ) so we'll have enough time to find our way there. Not sure what SM will be doing to amuse himself (besides watch me run around and make a fool of myself!:wink:) Sounds like we'll be doing drills and stuff-can't wait!! :yahoo:
Real women wear orange!!
Superfan

My girlfriend doesn't know it yet, be she is going to be signed up first thing Monday morning. She needs to learn a few things.... :roll:

I took her to her first game last year - Western Division Final, and almost every play she was asking who had the ball. Don't remember much of the game.

She even phoned me during the overtime in Grey Cup, to tell me that its in overtime, my response was not a happy one, as I was missing it unfold in front of me live (I was at the game, she was not) while she was talking. It was very short phone call.

If they do Football 101 again as well she'll be there as well.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Superfan wrote:My girlfriend doesn't know it yet, be she is going to be signed up first thing Monday morning. She needs to learn a few things.... :roll:

I took her to her first game last year - Western Division Final, and almost every play she was asking who had the ball. Don't remember much of the game.

She even phoned me during the overtime in Grey Cup, to tell me that its in overtime, my response was not a happy one, as I was missing it unfold in front of me live (I was at the game, she was not) while she was talking. It was very short phone call.

Good for you! I'm pretty sure she'll have fun, IF she wants to learn about the game. I enjoy watching the game, but I'm not sure about some of the plays and technical aspects of the game. Seems to me like 202 is going to be us physically doing drills at the practice facility. Should be fun- the more the merrier! :rockin:
Last edited by CatsEyes on Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Real women wear orange!!
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

So what do we do Coach OS99? Tailgate while they work their butts off?
:twisted:
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:So what do we do Coach OS99? Tailgate while they work their butts off?
:twisted:
LOL...that could be arranged...however, I don't see Iris being too enthused about it. She wants to do 101 but I am not sure about 202...
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
CB123
Legend

ahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahah, that is so sad it is funny. :lol:
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
pinkfreud

Superfan wrote:My girlfriend doesn't know it yet, be she is going to be signed up first thing Monday morning. She needs to learn a few things.... :roll:

LOL! That's hilarious! You'd better sign her up while she's still motivated to impress you!
pinkfreud

CatsEyes wrote:Seems to me like 202 is going to be us physically doing drills at the practice facility. Should be fun- the more the merrier! :rockin:
Getting everyone to run around doing drills is not only fun, but it's pretty smart when it comes to creating football converts. First of all, there's evidence that when people get physically aroused (easy...I mean hearts beating, etc. from fear or exercise) they will attribute it to some immediately obvious cause...liking a person they're with, enjoying an activity they're engaged in (e.g. football). Second, because we generally don't like to think of ourselves as wasting our time on stuff that won't pay off, the more effort you put out to do something, the more you tend to see the result as valuable (e.g. learning about football). Someone's thinking at the Lions organization...that or they just figure it would be fun.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I just gotta ask

why the heck did you answer the phone, or even have it turned on??

Ahh the good ole days, when getting out of the house to go anywhere meant the ole lady couldnt nag us till be got home again :wink:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
MacNews
Team Captain

I told Lui he should do a football 202 for guys, I wonder if he will. :cr:
Superfan

I told Lui he should do a football 202 for guys, I wonder if he will.

I'd be up for that. It would be interesting to see the first hand perspective. :helmet:
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

MacNews wrote:I told Lui he should do a football 202 for guys, I wonder if he will. :cr:
I'd rather do a psychology case study on Chapdelaine.................that would probably be more interesting.