When is Operation Orange announced?

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

KnightofCydonia
Starter

Hi everyone, season ticket holder here. I'd like to do the Operation Orange fan trip with the Lions this season. Apparently an email should be sent about this to ST holders to provide an early chance for a spot.

Does anyone know when to expect an email about it? Last season I wanted to do it and never got an email. I'm worried I might miss out on the opportunity again.

Thank you!
CardiacKid
Legend

KnightofCydonia wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:58 pm
Hi everyone, season ticket holder here. I'd like to do the Operation Orange fan trip with the Lions this season. Apparently an email should be sent about this to ST holders to provide an early chance for a spot.

Does anyone know when to expect an email about it? Last season I wanted to do it and never got an email. I'm worried I might miss out on the opportunity again.

Thank you!
Last year we went to Ottawa and thoroughly enjoyed it. We wound up getting in touch with our rep early in the season (probably before training camp) and letting them know we were serious about joining the trip.

I don't think that gave us any early access but it did help us with keeping up to date where and when they might be going. Also when to keep our eyes open for the official email. I seem to recall the timing was not settled until the season was well under way so it might be a while before the team even starts getting details sorted.
KnightofCydonia
Starter

CardiacKid wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 11:32 am
Last year we went to Ottawa and thoroughly enjoyed it. We wound up getting in touch with our rep early in the season (probably before training camp) and letting them know we were serious about joining the trip.

I don't think that gave us any early access but it did help us with keeping up to date where and when they might be going. Also when to keep our eyes open for the official email. I seem to recall the timing was not settled until the season was well under way so it might be a while before the team even starts getting details sorted.
Thanks for the info! I feel better about not missing an important email. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I was at the game in Montreal a couple years ago when Operation Orange came through and talked a bit with some of the attendees. Everyone was having a great time and my dad and I are looking forward to the opportunity this year.

I'll be in touch with fan services and see what they say.
CardiacKid
Legend

KnightofCydonia wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:11 pm
CardiacKid wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 11:32 am

Thanks for the info! I feel better about not missing an important email. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I was at the game in Montreal a couple years ago when Operation Orange came through and talked a bit with some of the attendees. Everyone was having a great time and my dad and I are looking forward to the opportunity this year.

I'll be in touch with fan services and see what they say.
We just double-checked our email and found last year's official message was sent in mid-July for the trip at the end of August. We got some heads up via our rep as to where the trip might be going with Regina and Ottawa amongst the potential stops. The Ottawa trip was slightly shorter than usual as the club was accommodating the players wish to spend less time out East. But it meant it was also cheaper.
Totally recommend it. Ottawa was fantastic and it was great to experience the atmosphere at TD Place.