2007 Lions Game Day Giveaways, Promotions, and Events

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

While it may have been mentioned on other threads before, let's use this thread to officially discuss and remind each other of 2007 Lions game day giveways, promotions, and half-time events. Last year, this thread was used to informally discuss game day giveways:

http://www.lionbackers.com/cheer/viewtopic.php?t=10900

In that thread, some of you expressed remorse about not taking advantage of free giveaways like posters and scarves. Well, if you don't want that to happen again, let's use this thread to inform each other of the giveaways that you can take advantage of this year and get more bang for your buck. And for those of you who receive free items, you can post pictures of them here too.

This is definitely a partial list. Please add other giveaways and events that you know about.

Lions Game Day Giveaways

Friday, July 6 vs. Edmonton - Mini Grey Cups to the first 5,000 fans.

Friday, August 31, vs. Montreal - Zipper binders to the first 4,000 kids 12 & under.

Saturday, September 15 vs. Toronto - Special gift to the first 3,000 ladies.

Saturday, November 3 vs. Calgary - Geroy Simon bobblehead to the first 3,000 fans.

Half-Time Events

Friday, June 15th, 2007 vs. Saskatchewan - A special cheerleading performance by the VMFL Cheerleading Association.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I suppose if you really want to receive and assure yourself of a game day giveaway, one way would be to join one of the three volunteer groups. Have any of you ever volunteered for these groups before?

Taken from:
http://www.bclions.com/index.php?module=page&id=3175

CAT Team
The BC Lions Customer Assistance Team was launched in 2006 with great success.
For 2007, we are recruiting a team of 40 volunteers whose main goal is to assist and ensure that Lions fans have the best possible game experience from the moment they step into the Street Party to the moment they leave.
From greeting fans outside and directing them to the fastest entry gates, helping fans locate their seats, directing to the closest ATM or Merchandise booth or just chatting about the game.
CAT Team members are a familiar face in the Stadium on game days, sharing the Lion’s football season’s up’s & downs with our fans.

If you like interacting with people, love Lions football and have great guest service skills then this is a great opportunity for you!

CAT Team members must commit to:

8 - 10 Lions home games (minimum)
4.5 hour game day commitment (early or late shift)
Participation in a Pre-season Orientation
Respecting all Code of Conduct
Providing post shift evaluation
Excessive cheering for the home team!
For your commitment to the CAT Team and to ensure your game day enjoyment, the BC Lions will commit to:

Providing your CAT team uniform,
Game day nutrition breaks,
Parking vouchers,
On going training and team building activities,
A Great working environment,
Awesome action on & off the field!

Leo’s Pride Crew
The Leo’s Pride Crew is a team of 40 – 50 members who assist with pre-game and post-game handouts of all the Lions great promotional items throughout the season.

Since the Leo’s Pride members are some of the first faces Lions fans see as they enter the building, we’re looking for people with great smiles and attitudes who like a fast paced environment and who can work

Leo’s Pride Crew must commit to:
8 – 10 home games
2 to 4 hour shifts at each game,
Participation in a Pre-season Orientation
A Great Attitude!

In recognition of your time, we are committed to providing Leo’s Pride crew with:
A ticket to each game worked,

A Leo’s Pride t-shirt

Street Party powered by Pepsi Crew
Two hours prior to each Lions home game, the corner of Robson and Beatty streets comes alive with music, inflatables, food and fun for Lions fans of all ages! We are looking for reliable, energetic crew in reasonable physical shape who can handle all the fun out at the Terry Fox Plaza!

Street Party Crew must commit to:
7 – 9 home games
4 – 4.5 hour shift (approx. 3:00 PM to 7:30 PM),
Set-up, tear-down and supervision of Street Party areas as assigned.

All Street Party Crew will receive:
A Street Party T-shirt,
Tickets to the game,
A food voucher,
More fun than they can handle!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Aside from the mini Grey Cup giveaway today, there will also be a post-game giveaway.

Taken from:
http://www.bclions.com/index.php?module ... &nid=17786

Promotion: Pocket schedules (post game at all gates)

Giveaway: The first 5,000 fans through the door will receive a limited-edition mini Grey Cup! For those fans not fortunate enough to receive a free mini Grey Cup at the gates, they can be purchased at any BC Lions Merchandise Kiosk powered by AMP on the concourse during the game for $8.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

So how many of you got a mini Grey Cup?
lion24
Legend

Robbie wrote:So how many of you got a mini Grey Cup?
Not me obviously :bawl: But I am so satisfied with the thrashing of the Esks by the Leos it wouldn't have mattered anyway even if I was at the game.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I didn't get one, but I saw them and they were frickin' tiny.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Got there when they opened the doors. The first 5,000 fans were given vouchers entitling them to one mini Grey Cup at the end of the game in Gate A. We left with 2 minutes to go in the game and got our souvenir. Very well organized. (for a change) A few fans without the vouchers wanted one but was politely advised by the people that they require a voucher first.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Canuck_4_Life wrote:I didn't get one, but I saw them and they were frickin' tiny.
They were about the size of salt/pepper shakers, maybe 5" high at most.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Rammer
Team Captain

Robbie wrote:So how many of you got a mini Grey Cup?
My family got a few, with the kids nodding off with the mini Grey Cups in their clutches. :rockin:
Entertainment value = an all time low
CartWheelFan
All Star

Made in China haha, found that a little amusing. I got one, it's nothing spectacular, about 3" tall, but still, not bad, I can put it somewhere and forget I have it I'm sure.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

They're real small and are 100% NOT worth the 5$ price at the souvenir stand.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
lion24
Legend

I thought they were the bigger ones that are $40.00 for sale at stores but I guess that would have been an expensive give away!! :lol:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Rammer
Team Captain

lion24 wrote:I thought they were the bigger ones that are $40.00 for sale at stores but I guess that would have been an expensive give away!! :lol:
5000 at $5 is equal to $25K retail, so about $12.5K wholesale. Not a huge expense when all is said and done, I think that they should have handed out more, but by limiting it, the ones who really wanted one made the game early and they will probably take better care of the giveaways.
Entertainment value = an all time low
notahomer
Hall of Famer

CartWheelFan wrote:Made in China haha, found that a little amusing. ...
Yah, I was chuckling there too. I can understand deciding to give the Cups away afterwards but I like to stay until the final gun. Based on past experiences with post-game giveaways I left with a couple minutes to go too. If there is a giveaway for the first #### of fans I'd rather they just gave them away then. That Geroy Simon bobblehead is something I DO NOT WANT to have to take off early to claim via voucher. Is that going to be some kinda MINI-bobblehead?
LFITQ
Team Captain

Stayed right until the final whistel and then some afterwards. Went to the same gate I entered via (Gate H) and picked up our mini grey cups no prblems. There certainly didn't seem to be any worry to leave early as I believe they only handed out sufficient #'s of vouchers.

Where I could see it being problematic is if people did not pay attention to the vouchers and then exited via a different gate than they entered. I would bet the Lions put X # of vouchers at each gate and then transported that same # of mini Grey Cups to those gates. If someone who entered via Gate H then exited via Gate A, I am guessing they weren't told to go to Gate H, but instead were just given the mini Grey Cup. Then when a legitimate person went to Gate A and found out they were all gone, they might have been told to go to a different gate. All because someone didn't follow the instructions.

However, I bet that if you had a voucher and didn't get a mini grey Cup, you could contact the Lions and make arrangements that way.

Overall, from my POV it went VERY smoothly. The line ups were ridiculous outside the stadium for 6:30pm however, and if you want a Geroy Bobblehead, get there VERY early!!

I do hope, however, that the Lions make mention EARLY if the Bobbleheads will also be available for purchase. Many people won't bother standing in line early if they just want a bobblehead and are willing to pay for it.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??