RIP Norm Fieldgate

Info and tributes to former Lions who have past away

Moderator: Team Captains

Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Sad news -- Norm Fieldgate was synonymous with the B.C. Lions through my formative years. I recall as a kid, learning the ropes from my older bother, but getting football terms and players mixed up in my little brain... innocently referring to a field goal as a field gate! Honest mistake I guess in that you'd hear Norm's name so often over the course of any Lions radio broadcast, in that he played several positions, so field gate it was! (I had a similar thing back then regards Sonny Homer's name, mentally associating it with a touchdown -- i.e. homer = touchdown (evidently mixing my baseball and football score terms... but I digress.) Sincerely, thank you, Mr. Fieldgate. https://www.bclions.com/2020/03/06/lion ... fieldgate/
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Deepest sympathies to the family of Norm Fieldgate.

I mentioned before that I was at the BC Lions 50-year dream team autograph gathering and I found Norm Fieldgate to be extremely outgoing, affable, and sociable to all the fans talking to him including me. We had a long discussion about Dave Skrien.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

"Mouse" will be missed. RIP
David
Team Captain

My sympathies to his family. Mr. Fieldgate was quite a bit before my time as a Lions' fan yet I still associate him with the football club the same way I do others who were before my time like Annis Stukis and By Bailey. I know he was an important player, had long-time ties to the club, and was a self-described "fan" to his last day. RIP.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar