2000 Team bonding leads to Grey Cup Win

Details and Discussions of Each Season of BC Lions Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

While overall I like poster CFLfan#31 with his various CFL postings, I'd say this category his post BC Lions: 5 Greatest Grey Cup Games is not as applicable as with just 6 Grey Cup wins, only one can be the odd game out. In this particular case, he left out the 1964 Grey Cup despite it being the first. I suppose it's probably because he couldn't get too many highlights. In any case, according to the him he ranked them as:

1. 1994
2. 2000
3. 2011
4. 2006
5. 1985

If I can speak on behalf of the majority of Lions fans in an unbiased way, I'd say I totally agree 1994 is #1, but 2000 is NOT #2 instead I dare say it's #6 given the general unpopularity of that win which exhibited by the very low attendance at that time. I'd say 2011 would be #2 given the fact that it was also a home Grey Cup win inside the new renovated stadium and the team rebounded from a 0-5 and 1-6 to start off the season. #3 could either be 1985 or 2006, with #4 being the other one with a small edge to 1985 given the fact that it ended the 21 year drought and home attendance was very high from 1983-86. And #5 would be 1964 as even though it was their first win, it was indeed a long time ago and I'm sure most fans weren't born yet.

The order of the scoring is very accurate, though in 1994 Grey Cup the opponent was called the Baltimore Stallions and instead, simply named the Baltimore Football Club.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I'm sorry to hear that Cory Mantyka has lost his 1994 and 2000 Grey Cup rings when he accidentally donated them. I hope they are found and returned to him soon. :cr:

祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Winnipeg 40 at BC 33
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Finally, one of the most underrated, underappreciated, and forgotten Lions games in its entirety - the 2000 WDF in which the Lions went to McMahon as underdogs and but performed terrific especially the defence to come out with a solid 37-23 win.

And my profile avatar is taken at 2:44:05.

Some background - it was the very first time I saw that trophy as prior to that, I didn't know that trophies were presented to the division winners.
祝你龍年行大運。
obs
Champion

BC played great against Edmonton and Calgary. Those were two amazing games. I really have no idea why I didn't bother recording those games. Lucky that someone else did!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Finally, one of the most underrated, underappreciated, and forgotten Lions games in its entirety - the 2000 WDF in which the Lions went to McMahon as underdogs and but performed terrific especially the defence to come out with a solid 37-23 win.

And my profile avatar is taken at 2:44:05.

Some background - it was the very first time I saw that trophy as prior to that, I didn't know that trophies were presented to the division winners.
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Lui Passaglia's last regular season game on November 4, 2000 in its entirety, including his second career TD touchdown with the help from Robert Drummond who helped push him in.

It also includes the post-game retirement ceremony for Lui Passaglia.
Were any of you at that game and did you feel it was really emotional?

While definitely the underdogs, it's great that the Lions managed to win all three playoff games to allow Lui Passaglia to end his great career with another Grey Cup.
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

WDSF - BC 34 at Edmonton 32

I stated countless times that the 2000 Grey Cup playoff run and win is by far the most underrated and underappreciated Lions championship and along with that, it includes most of the players as well notwithstanding players who were in previous wins in 1994 such as Passaglia and Millington.

When it comes to discussions of top, best, and favourite Lions, when it comes to QB's Damon Allen will never be listed. And when it comes to RB's, Robert Drummond will never be listed.

And along with that, when it comes to top, best, and favourite Lions receivers, Alfred Jackson will never be listed even though he caught the final Lion TD in the game and also caught a crucial first down catch to seal the win.
祝你龍年行大運。