Details and Discussions of Each Season of BC Lions Football

Moderator: Team Captains

D
Team Captain

The team entered training camp in Kelowna with promise. Despite the loss of Doug Flutie, Danny Barrett had led Calgary to the Grey Cup in 1991, and was an excellent quarterback. But in the season opener against Edmonton, Danny struggled and was replaced by Tony Kimbrough in the second half. The Eskimos went on to a 37-26 victory. The next week, the Lions travelled to Toronto and in the first five minutes of the game marched down the field scoring on an impressive drive. Unfortunately, it was the only bright spot of the evening for B.C. as the Argonauts handed the Lions one of their worst defeats ever – 61-20. In the third game of the year against Doug Flutie and the Calgary Stampeders, the Lions were holding their own when Danny Barrett went down in the third quarter with a seperated shoulder. Flutie then guided Calgary to a 37-19 win and the Lions went downhill from there. The team lost eight straight before finally edging out Ottawa 33-27 on September 3 with Danny Barrett back at the helm. In fact, B.C. looked strong and confident in doing so. Unfortunately off-season problems emerged to swing focus from football to ownership. Team owner Murray Pezim and his company Prime Sports, declared bankruptcy and the League and Commissioner Larry Smith stepped in as the interim owners and the search for a new owner was launched. Three weeks later the new owner was found. Bill Comrie, owner of the Brick chain of furniture stores stepped in, saved the team and ushered in a new era. Unfortunately, the team didn't respond, losing the final seven games of the year after winning three straight, finishing the season with a 3-15 record. That spelled the end for Head Coach Bob O'Billovich. On December 12 a new General Manager – Eric Tillman – was announced and he in turn brought in Dave Ritchie, the Defensive Coordinator of the Ottawa Rough Riders, as his new Head Coach.

West Division Team GP W L T PF PA Pts
Calgary Stampeders 18 13 5 0 607 430 26
Edmonton Eskimos 18 10 8 0 552 515 20
Saskatchewan Roughriders 18 9 9 0 505 545 18
British Columbia Lions 18 3 15 0 472 667 6

East Division Team GP W L T PF PA Pts
Winnipeg Blue Bombers 18 11 7 0 507 499 22
Hamilton Tiger-Cats 18 11 7 0 536 514 22
Ottawa Rough Riders 18 9 9 0 484 439 18
Toronto Argonauts 18 6 12 0 469 523 12

Semi-Finals - Saskatchewan 20 - Edmonton 22
Semi-Finals - Ottawa 28 - Hamilton 29

Finals - Edmonton 22 - Calgary 23
Finals - Hamilton 11 - Winnipeg 59

Grey Cup - Calgary 24 - Winnipeg 10
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Robbie
Hall of Famer

When it comes to good Canadian businessman, I guess Larry Ryckman is much more generous than Murray Pezim.
Last edited by Robbie on Wed May 13, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

BC 36 at Ottawa 46 (Preseason)

Saskatchewan 46 at BC 43(OT)

Ottawa 27 at BC 33
The Lions first win in the 1992 season after starting off 0-8.

BC 22 at Saskatchewan 41
A rare glimpse of Michael Johnson playing QB for the Lions.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

1992 WDF
[video][/video]
Definitely not a BC Lions video, but I'm posting in because there's a Piffles Taylor trophy presentation in the Stampeders locker room after the game. I appear to be so obsessed with that trophy to the extent that I post it whenever I see that picture. The reason I feel rather sentimental of that trophy is because despite the fact that I was a CFL fan for the longest time I didn't know about the division trophies until just after the underrated, underappreciated 2000 WDF in which I saw Damon Allen hoist that trophy as shown in my avatar. Because of the sentimental attachment to that game and the fact that I happened to see that trophy for the first time after the game, I have a tendency to post it whenever I see it. Of course, that trophy was retired in 2003.
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Edmonton 37 at BC 26

Wayne Lammle as placekicker for the Lions. A biography about him: http://cfldimension.tripod.com/lammle3.html
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

The 1992 WDF in its entirely and yes, I confess that I viewed the video to see if there would be 2:51:30:
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Edmonton 37 at BC 26

The season opener of what can very well be the worst BC Lions season ever. They team found out the hard way that Danny Barrett was no replacement for Doug Flutie. And the terrible 1991 defence continued to be terrible in 1992.

BC 34 at Edmonton 20

Extreme rare win by the Lions, the 2nd of only 3 wins in that season.

Edmonton 37 at BC 33

Season finale and the last game as Lions head coach for Bob O'Billovich ending off a 3-15 season. Backup Michael Johnson played. Lions could have still won this game had Lui just kicked out of bounds in the final play in regulation, or if the Lions managed to score a TD in the red zone at the end of overtime.
祝你龍年行大運。