1985 Lions win second Grey Cup

Details and Discussions of Each Season of BC Lions Football

Moderator: Team Captains

squishy35
Legend

bclion99 wrote:I seem to recall reading a story about Darnell Clash being stabbed to death or stabbing someone to death in or around Pittsburgh. Was a few years ago when I turned the page in USA Today and went, "Whoa!"
But I cannot recall if he was the assailant or victim.
I think he was the latter, though I cannot be sure.

Very much alive.... he was working with Michael Vick this past year arranging youth camps...

http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/sports ... /82948902/
David
Team Captain

For the record, I believe bclion99 was confusing Darnell Clash with Jo Jo Heath (as the one murdered).

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Bigtrukn59
prospect

Wanted to make a correction on a post...my 1st cousin Karlton Watson QB # 6 for the BC Lions was killed by a shotgun blast from another car following him in Garden City Michigan near the Garden City police dept in January 1994...he was coming home from a pick up basketball game.
David
Team Captain

Bigtrukn59 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:27 pm
Wanted to make a correction on a post...my 1st cousin Karlton Watson QB # 6 for the BC Lions was killed by a shotgun blast from another car following him in Garden City Michigan near the Garden City police dept in January 1994...he was coming home from a pick up basketball game.
Thanks for clarifying, Bigtrukn59. I remember Karlton here in BC. Tragic story. Sorry for your loss.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Finally.........the elusive video of the 1985 Grey Cup in its entirety is now online. :beauty: :good:

When I first saw the game in 1985, I clearly remember the celebratory handshake between Darnell Clash and Keith Gooch at 2:47:37.

And unlike other videos, this one clearly includes the post-game trophy presentation, locker celebrations, and player interviews including one with a shirtless Darnell Clash. And that includes the individual game awards given to Roy Dewalt, James "Quick" Parker, and Lui Passaglia and each of them received a trophy in the form of a football on a base at you can see at 2:50:42. :thup:
Last edited by Robbie on Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Another video of the 1985 WDF in its entirety.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

1985 CFL Player awards ceremony when they were sponsored by Schenley.

Both nominees were on stage and present a brief introductory speech while the presenter spoke the winner. The runner-up must walk down stage, while the winner must make an winning speech. It looks like the first four winners didn't receive an individual trophy while Mervyn Fernandez who won the Most Outstanding Player received a golden trophy brought on stage by two mascots but I wonder if it's for keeps for him. I don't think so as that trophy is displayed at the Canadian Football Hall of Fame

祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

The 1985 Grey Cup in its entirety: :rockin:

祝你龍年行大運。