Old Game Footage?

BC Lions History and Discussion, CFL and BC Lions Collectibles

Moderator: Team Captains

GrassNinja
prospect

Hello all, I don't know if this is way out of touch with reality or not. But just in case, Does anyone have any old footage from any of the '71-72 games? Would love to see some play action with Garrett Hunsperger and Bud Magrum. Does footage even exist? Thank you all for taking the time to read, have a great day.

GrassNinja
CardiacKid
Legend

I believe the Canadian Football Hall of Fame sells dvds of game footage but they may be of just Grey Cups? Anyways it would probably be worthwhile to check out their online store.
The CBC archives may also sell footage of games; try the CBC offices in downtown Vancouver as they may have the capability to create copies of footage in their vaults.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Yes, check with CBC. They owned the rights at that time and had a library of games on file. Many ,many years ago I got a copy of the 1958 Grey Cup since I'm a Bomber fan as well as a Lions fan. So you should be able to get some info from them.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

GrassNinja wrote:Hello all, I don't know if this is way out of touch with reality or not. But just in case, Does anyone have any old footage from any of the '71-72 games? Would love to see some play action with Garrett Hunsperger and Bud Magrum. Does footage even exist? Thank you all for taking the time to read, have a great day.

GrassNinja
You're in luck! How about the grand daddy of them all - the 1971 Grey Cup in its near entirety! :cool:
Old Lions fans would also like to see great video clips on the old Empire Stadium where the 1971 Grey Cup was held.

[video][/video]
[video][/video]
[video][/video]
[video][/video]

As a bonus, how about the 1972 Grey Cup in its near entirety as well! :beauty:
[video][/video]
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Loved Garrett Hunsperger and Bud Magrum. These guys were another era of toughness in the like of Dick Butkus and CFLers, Bill Baker "the Undertaker" and Dick Fouts and way back Ed Sharkey. Hunsperger and Magrum were popular with their team/fans and in that era the Lions were the toast of the town - not the Canucks.

Great photo of him and former SFU Clan player and friend of mine, Stu Francis who with Nic Bastaja and Morris Zubkewych (RIP)

http://www.argonauts.ca/article/argos-m ... -zubkewych - all went to the Argos.

Nick Bastaja is/was toiling in the news media biz in the Fraser Valley I think.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Arydigital
prospect

Yes, check with CBC. They owned the rights at that time and had a library of games on file. Many ,many years ago I got a copy of the 1958 Grey Cup since I'm a Bomber fan as well as a Lions fan. So you should be able to get some info from them.