2014 Locker-room sale?

BC Lions History and Discussion, CFL and BC Lions Collectibles

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:For me personally...... :thdn:

Limited Lions gear. Obvious, the usual game worn jerseys/helmets. Most of the stuff (75%, IMO) was Grey Cup stuff.

Bought one tshirt at about 60% off...... Got a free Grey Cup program with my purchase :thup:
I concur. Didn't attend this year's locker room sale. From previous experience most of the stuff are picked over. Selection is very limited. Most of the stuff is XL or XXL
notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
notahomer wrote:For me personally...... :thdn:

Limited Lions gear. Obvious, the usual game worn jerseys/helmets. Most of the stuff (75%, IMO) was Grey Cup stuff.

Bought one tshirt at about 60% off...... Got a free Grey Cup program with my purchase :thup:
I concur. Didn't attend this year's locker room sale. From previous experience most of the stuff are picked over. Selection is very limited. Most of the stuff is XL or XXL
:bang: Unfortunately XL is my size....trying to work on it. At one time Medium was my size but I wonder if I'll get back there... :bang:

I truly was dissappointed with the sale this year. Saw quite a few familar faces in line befre the sale got going (hope you got what you wanted-Pauser :thup: ). It seems really obvious they have a TON of extra Grey Cup merchandise to sell. It obviously has the shortest best before date as Calgary is the only place I can think of that MIGHT (doubt it) have a market for Grey Cup merchandise for the 2014 Grey Cup, now that its past.

If Saturday is an example of whats going to be left over after a year of Lions merchandise then whomever is doing the inventory/ordering is AMAZING because other than HATS there wasn little selection at all, if you weren't interested in Grey Cup.....
Spud387
Champion

Almost no Lions t-shirts for sale. They had some jackets and sweaters, but only in S/M/2XL/3XL, no L or XL.

They were heavily pushing the Grey Cup merch, WOW did they ever order too much of that stuff.
David
Team Captain

Was about 15th in line this year so scooped up a Lulay gun-metal alternate and a hat. Pretty good turnout for the season ticket holder presale (I am guessing between 200-250 people by 10:00am, but I have no idea what the casual fan turnout was after).

Again, a very well organized, well staffed, and laid out sales event on the concourse of BC Place, by Gate A. I think I preferred the locker room sales in Surrey though, even though it was much farther for me to drive to. They had an infinitely better selection of used player gear. For example, you could score sweatshirts the players wore, or a coaches' sideline jacket. Today at BC Place, it's just jerseys, helmets and practice balls, with 90% of the sale event dedicated to licensed apparel (overstock). Not saying that's bad but I prefer more of a mix as in past years. To echo others, it was further diluted this year with Grey Cup swag and unless you're a Calgary or Hamilton fan, I don't see the point (however, I was looking for a tuque with the stylized "ROAR" - the 2nd R is inverted - down the front that I saw at Grey Cup that I would have bought had I seen it).

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
.G.
All Star

Missed out on what I wanted as I didn't follow through with my lofty plans to line up at 5am.

Curious as to why only the Black jerseys were for sale.

Hoping I can query about that at the facility tomorrow during the second sale.
MABEY!