HOF Profile: Cromartie

This Forum contains Member Profiles. These members have achieved Hall of Fame Status (3000 posts) and as such have demonstrated their commitment to the BC Lions and Lionbackers.com. Hall of Fame Members will of course receive respect and admiration from your peers and have the opportunity to place your profile here.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Alright. Time to upgrade this bad boy.

Position: Center
Favourite CFL team: British Columbia Lions
Why are they your favourite team: In the early 80s, all ESPN used to show were CFL games. As such, we all more or less picked a team. All of my friends grew up and moved on, I've loved the game ever since. Less Browne too. I met him once while he was a Lion. Classy guy.
If you were abducted by Super Models and forced to cheer for another team who would it be: Toronto Argonauts
Other Favourite Sports teams: NHL - Detroit Red Wings, NBA - Detroit Pistons, IPL - Mumbai Indians.
Favourite CFL stadium: Molson. Defines the word atmosphere
Favourite BC Lion: Nick Moore, or anyone on the club that attended my Alma Mater - The University of Toledo
Favourite former BC Lion: Jamie Taras
Favourite Food: Bison Ribs
Favourite Bar: Hop City in Birmingham, AL. 40 craft beers on tap with an entire store full of beer and wine to boot.
Favourite Beer: None, since I don't drink anymore
Favourite Alcoholic Beverage: None, as I don't drink anymore
Favourite Non Alcoholic Bevy: Iced Tea from Starbucks.
Favourite Tunes: Hundreds, don't even know where to start.
Favourite Movie: The Adjustment Bureau
Hobbies: NFL Fantasy football, non-fiction reading, billiards, hitting in a batting cage, travel
Favourite BC Lion Memory: You cannot beat watching the Lions win a Grey Cup in person, which I had the honor of doing in 2006. The 51-4 thrashing of the Argos in Toronto is another one. (8/24/2000)
Best Grey Cup Host City: Is Ottawa better than Winnipeg? Yes. But the Lions won in Winnipeg so they get the nod.
My dream vacation is: Nothing. Life has sucked every last dream out of me.
Favourite CFL uniform: Argos Home from the late 1990s-early 200s. The Argos logo wass the best in professional sports.
Strangest things seen at game: Was at a Detroit Lions game when their middle linebacker (Reggie Brown) swallowed his mouthpiece, had a seizure, and more or less died on the field. 80,000 people in a stadium - not one of them said a word. To hear a gathering of 80,000 fans at a stadium go absolutely still is bizarre. After about five minutes, my friend turned to me and said: "He's dead." And he would have been, had a physician with experimental drugs for curbing seizures not been at the game, and on the sidelines at the time.
Words you live by: Never ask someone to do something you aren't prepared to do yourself.
D
Team Captain

Welcome to the Hall :rockin:
That Argos uni ... is that the guy with the shield? I thought that was a great log not sure why they dropped it
1995-2002.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I own The Grey Cup! .com