Lionbackers.com Hall of Fan - Robbie

This Forum contains Member Profiles. These members have achieved Hall of Fame Status (3000 posts) and as such have demonstrated their commitment to the BC Lions and Lionbackers.com. Hall of Fame Members will of course receive respect and admiration from your peers and have the opportunity to place your profile here.
D
Team Captain

Lionbackers.com Hall of Fan - Robbie
Position: Defensive Halfback
Favourite CFL team: BC Lions
Why are they your favourite team: They are my local team. Enough said.
If you were abducted by Super Models and forced to cheer for another team who would it be: Appealing to pity, it would be the Saskatchewan Roughriders because they are the team with the least number of Grey Cup wins with only two.
Other Favourite Sports teams: Again appealing to pity, the late Ottawa Renegades.
Favourite CFL stadium: B.C. Place, of course. Contrary to all the criticisms I've heard about wanting an outdoor stadium, I for one hope the Lions never move out.
Favourite Favourite BC Lion: Geroy Simon
Favourite former BC Lion: Norm Fieldgate
Favourite Food: Almost anything.
Favourite Bar: Boston Pizza Sports Bar
Favourite Beer: Tsingtao
Favourite Alcoholic Beverage: Kahlua
Favourite Non Alcoholic Bevy: Coca-Cola
Favourite Tunes: World music
Favourite Movie: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Hobbies: Various sports, movies, visiting museums, traveling the world.
Favourite BC Lion Memory: On the afternoon of Sunday, November 20, 1994 at McMahon Stadium, Danny McManus throwing a last play touchdown pass to Darren Flutie to allow the Lions to advance to the Grey Cup with their 37-36 win.
Best Grey Cup Host City: From first hand experience, I would have to say Vancouver did a great job in hosting consecutive Grey Cups in 1986 and 1987. Among other things, I liked the Miss Grey Cup pageants that used to be held.
My dream vacation is: Touring a historical, exotic places. It could be the Giza Pyramids, Macchu Picchu, the Great Wall, the Leaning Tower, Stonehenge, etc.
Favourite CFL uniform: The uniforms of all the CFL clubs are all very good. But when it comes to favourite dance team uniforms, it would be those of the B.C. Lions and Toronto Argos because in their indoor stadiums, they don't have to convert to parkas once the cold autumn roles around.
Strangest things seen at game: Though not a pretty site, at a game on Saturday, October 29, 1994 against the now-defunct Las Vegas Posse, the operator of the post-scoring celebration cannon was injured when he was accidentally burned.
Words you live by: Work hard. Play hard.
Additional Comments: This is a great site. I've been following the CFL very closely since 1983. I have a very strong memory when it comes to historical CFL facts, so that is why some of my postings deal with things I particularly remember in the past.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I own The Grey Cup! .com