Lionbackers.com Hall of Fan - David

This Forum contains Member Profiles. These members have achieved Hall of Fame Status (3000 posts) and as such have demonstrated their commitment to the BC Lions and Lionbackers.com. Hall of Fame Members will of course receive respect and admiration from your peers and have the opportunity to place your profile here.
D
Team Captain

Lionbackers.com Hall of Fan - David
Position: Punter/QB in high school
Favourite CFL team: British Columbia Lions
Why are they your favourite team: Many fond memories from my youth of going to Empire with my Dad to cheer them on. Plus they're the underdog in this town, and I always cheer for the underdog.
If you were abducted by Super Models and forced to cheer for another team who would it be: I'd be cheering for myself!
Other Favourite Sports teams: Huge Canucks fan growing up (less so now), Notre Dame, St. Louis Cardinals, Chelsea FC (my Dad's team)
Favourite CFL stadium: McMahon
Favourite BC Lion: Herman Smith, Eric Carter, Jason Clermont
Favourite former BC Lion: Leon "Neon" Bright
Favourite Food: My Mom's bangers and mash
Favourite Bar: Ginger 62
Favourite Beer: Corona
Favourite Alcoholic Beverage: Tanqueray and tonic
Favourite Non Alcoholic Bevy: Water
Favourite Tunes: Too many to list
Favourite Movie: Glengarry Glen Ross
Hobbies: Collecting Lions, Batman (1966 TV), Green Hornet.
Favourite BC Lion Memory: August 31, 1977. B.C. at Ottawa. Lions in the dying minutes trail Ottawa 24-20. Jerry Tagge calmly marches the team down the field. They're on Ottawa's 15 yard line with no time left on the clock. Last play of the game. Jerry Tagge fades back and finds Jim Young in the end zone. Touchdown! Lions win 27-24. I went nuts.
Best Grey Cup Host City: Haven't been to all, but I would imagine it would be Regina, where I hope to go next year.
My dream vacation is: Kauai.
Favourite CFL uniform: 1971 Lions. Black jersey with white numbers on front, back and upper arm. Seven burnt orange stripes on sleeve, burnt orange and white neck trim.
Strangest things seen at game: 1)Lui missed an extra point at a game I attended at Ivor Wynne stadium in Hamilton (sometime in the early 80's). 2) a fan charged out onto the field and try to take on "E" Carter
Words you live by: Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I own The Grey Cup! .com