Theme Song for Friday Night Football.....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Would you download the FNF Theme Song from TSN?

Yes
37%
No
63%

Total votes: 46
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Not that it's a big deal one way or another, but I don't like either the theme song or the graphics. I'd go so far as to say both are annoying.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Thats just the bitter old man in you coming out Dale..... :wink:

"Darn kids and their rap music...."

"Darn TSN and their theme song...."
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
pinkfreud

Does it come in an extended remix format?
MacNews
Team Captain

pinkfreud wrote:Does it come in an extended remix format?
Maybe a bit of Schultz or "The Don" to spice it up. :rockin:
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Thats just the bitter old man in you coming out Dale..... :wink:

Pretty much. Yeah. It's hard on the old ears and eyes.

:lol:
CB123
Legend

im a kid (16) and I dont like "the rap music" or the tsn theme song lol.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Charger27

Not keen on the new song.
Liked the old one better. 8)
Glenegade

I haven't even had a chance to hear it yet. I've been to busy the last few Friday's
Guess I won't get to hear it next week either as I'll be at my sister's wedding that night.
I didn't like the last song but I down loaded it. I just liked listening to it before hand becasue I assosiated the song to good Friday night football.
Glenegade

Guess I'm not going to hear it a week from now either because I'll be at the game in Hamilton.

By the way. I'll get to see the Lions on Saturday night play. I'll be there
Rammer
Team Captain

Glenegade wrote:Guess I'm not going to hear it a week from now either because I'll be at the game in Hamilton.

Well you know who to cheer for. :rockin: Enjoy the game(s). :thup:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Glenegade

Rammer wrote:
Glenegade wrote:Guess I'm not going to hear it a week from now either because I'll be at the game in Hamilton.

Well you know who to cheer for. :rockin: Enjoy the game(s). :thup:
I'll be there with SolarMax and although their not the Gades I will enjoy, thanks
LionPacker

The TSN broadcast is far better than the CBC broadcast of the Argo/Rider game last night. The video quality looked like it was from 1980.

The production crew must have been on drugs. While everyone was lining up on scrimmage, they honed in on one Argo for the whole time for no particular reason. They didn't show the field until a spit second before the ball was snapped. The commentators weren't even talking about that Argo.

Several times the producer/director cut to a camea who clearly wasn't ready. It was out of focus, or the camera man panicked and had to swing his camera violently over to a certain area of the field.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

LionPacker wrote:The TSN broadcast is far better than the CBC broadcast of the Argo/Rider game last night. The video quality looked like it was from 1980.

The production crew must have been on drugs. While everyone was lining up on scrimmage, they honed in on one Argo for the whole time for no particular reason. They didn't show the field until a spit second before the ball was snapped. The commentators weren't even talking about that Argo.

Several times the producer/director cut to a camea who clearly wasn't ready. It was out of focus, or the camera man panicked and had to swing his camera violently over to a certain area of the field.
TSN does a far better job all around. The CBC director missed one play altogether while showing a wide receiver standing around. And the sad reality is that the CBC guys were probably paid more for that sloppy job. The only time I ever watch that network is for hockey or football. It's probably the only network in the world where ratings went up after the employees were locked out.
hoonsagain
Starter

TSN coverage is simply blowing away CBC. CBC sports in general is eroding...all the best talent is fleeing to TSN and elsewhere...and the production value, which once set the standard, is getting worse and worse. The execs have a woody for the news dept., and sappy shows like Road to Avonlea. Most of CBC's revenue comes from sports, but they treat sports with disrespect, and it is really starting to show. It started a few years back when they chose to air news instead of hockey overtime. The writing was on the wall. Then they let go perhaps the most talented broadcaster in Canada...Chris Cuthbert....and now Brian Williams. Brian was an icon for CBC for Olympic coverage, and such. Pathetic. I hope another network comes along and takes NHL, Hockey Night in Canada, and the CFL. Then I could remove CBC from my channel lineup for good!!
Football is not a contact sport. It's a collision sport. Dancing is a... contact sport. ~Duffy Daugherty