The thinking mans poll

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Which would you choose?

I would take the 2 points
60%
I would take the loss but keep JC82
40%

Total votes: 40
bc49
Hall of Famer

If you had the ability to choose an outcome from Fridays game, which would you choose. The points or the man.

A. The way it turned out. 2 points and the unfortunate loss of superstar JC82.

B. The opposite. A Lions loss. 2 pts for the Riders. But JC82 finishes the game healthy.

Hypothetical musings only and unintended to trivialize a serious injury to one of the games greatest athletes and outstanding citizens.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Option "A" The team comes before any individuals.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Injuries are part of the game. Odds are that one or more starters will suffer a serious injury each year. Good teams have to overcome them and find a way to win. The Lions have one win already. Hopefully JC will be back and healthy in about a month's time to help them keep winning.
CB123
Legend

I would much rather take the loss and keep JC. Sure we won this one, but I know we are gonna be missing him later in the season. (hopfully he gets well soon) :cr:
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Zarquon
Champion

Take the two points. It always amazes me how when a starter gets hurt there always seems to be someone step up. Case in Point Printers 2 years ago or Buck last year.

When late October rolls around I'd rather have those two points.
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
almo89
Legend

This early in the season, I would take the loss anyday. JC is just way too important. Near crunch time, I would take the 2 points
squishy35
Legend

Two points now are very valuable in this division which promises to be very competitive.

The Lions have HUGE talent at receiver to foot the bill re: the loss of Clermont. I'm not saying he's replaceable as he brings a ton of leadership by example to the team; but with Jackson coming a long way in two seasons and the return of Simmons, I still believe our team has the best set of receivers in the league, bar none.
Rammer
Team Captain

I guess a part of the questioins debate would fall into the category of having JC available for the rest of the season vs missing a half dozen of games.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Take the win. JC will be back. EVERYTHING happens for a reason.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I was worried when I saw JC rip off his helmet and rolled around in agony. Then as I was walking home from the game an eavesdropping Paramedic told us that JC was gone for the year due to his injury. Considering his choice of medical lingo, I really thought Lion82 was done for the year.

He's my favourite offensive player so I'm not happy but injuries happen and I feel confident in saying he'd want the 2 Points. I feel many teams are green with envy over the depth of our reciever position but I am counting the days until JC returns.
Midfield
Rookie

We've got great reciever depth. Take the 2 points, after hearing that it isn't as serious as it could have been. As long as he's around for crunch time, that's all that really matters.

That said, if he wasn't to be back this season i would choose forfeiting the two points. Look at Simmons last year. Sure would have been nice to have him around near the end of the year.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

I know what JC's answer would be. :thup:

The team comes first you take the points and work towards securing a home playoff game that a fresh LION82 will return to dominate.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.