Sportstalk tonight

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

What leads sportstalk tonight?

Casey Printers signs deal with Kansas City
53%
Canucks beat Leafs last night
47%

Total votes: 34
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:Russell is well into hour 2 of nothing but Printers coverage. :shock:

He just went soaring past Squire Barnes, Jay Janower and Neil McRae on the Lions media friendly list. :lol:
:shock:

I need glasses. I'd swear that SG just posted that Dapper Dan was talking football.

Nah...can't be. :twisted:
pinkfreud

SammyGreene wrote:Russell is well into hour 2 of nothing but Printers coverage. :shock:
Now that's stamina!
CB123
Legend

Russell is well into hour 2 of nothing but Printers coverage.
:shock: lol is someone from this site holding a gun to his head or somthing?
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Russell did a good job with the story, and Rick Dhaliwal and Lowell Ullrich offered strong, if differing, perspectives. I agree with Ullrich that this day was inevitable. Casey has strong NFL aspirations and just wants an opportunity to prove himself.

One thing that can't be denied is that Printers, and the quarterback controversy surrounding him, has been the No. 1 talking point for casual Lions fans for the past year. It will be much more difficult to generate fan interest around any other aspect of the team heading into training camp and the season.

Ullrich suggested it will be more difficult to sell season's tickets without Printers or the Grey Cup to generate interest. He suggested the Lions will probably sell about 14,000 or 15,000 STs, down from the 19,000 or so of 2005. I'm not so pessimistic, but have no inside information.

Whatever happens, I hope this isn't the last time that Dan Russell and others in the electronic media devote airtime to the Lions during this offseason.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Is Armageddon around the corner ? Man, I got to buy lotto tickets.