Least Favourite CFL Team?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who's Your Least Favourite CFL Team?

Calgary
4%
Edmonton
64%
Saskatchewan
21%
Winnipeg
4%
Toronto
4%
Montreal
1%
Ottawa
1%
Hamilton
1%

Total votes: 81
David
Team Captain

Who is your least favourite CFL team and why?

DH 8)
notahomer
Hall of Famer

The City of Champions. Success breeds contempt I guess. I give them credit, 34 years in the playoffs, all the Grey Cups etc... If I could only go to one game next season that would be the one. Thankfully I'll be going to see them all. I respect the Eskimoes but I don't like them.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

What a surprise in the early voting 6-0 100%
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Gang Green, led by the arrogant Roy Shivers and followed by the most fickle fan base in the league. One day they're planning a parade for their world-beaters. The next day they're running the bums out of town.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

my least fav would usually be Montreal if it wasnt for Mathews. So I guess I go with Edmonton for now, but for next yr or two, my least fav is going to be Ottawa.
Blitz
Team Captain

The Evil Empire wins hands down!! I'm not thrilled with Shivers or Barrett but you gotta love Saskatchewan fans...so it's harder to dislike the Riders.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:my least fav would usually be Montreal if it wasnt for Mathews. So I guess I go with Edmonton for now, but for next yr or two, my least fav is going to be Ottawa.
What's Ottawa ever done to you? The team that is. :roll:
Rammer
Team Captain

CatsEyes wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:my least fav would usually be Montreal if it wasnt for Mathews. So I guess I go with Edmonton for now, but for next yr or two, my least fav is going to be Ottawa.
They released Paopao, so now they are the hit list of KIA.
Entertainment value = an all time low
eskinator
All Star

Hilarious poll :lol:

Hilarious results so far, and getting funnier I would imagine :lol:

Uh, I don't see the Lions on the poll question? :wink:

BTW I am an Edmontonian who hates the City of Champions moniker. :bang:
GCG

I don't have a least favourite team until game day. Then it's who ever is playing the Argos. :no: :helmet:
LFITQ
Team Captain

eskinator wrote:Hilarious poll :lol:

BTW I am an Edmontonian who hates the City of Champions moniker. :bang:
And you and a few others - whom you know - are the only reason why I could ever like Edmonton.

But it does state "least favourite" and not "hated" or something stronger like that.

It seems funny but a few years ago BC49 was worried I was becoming a closet Eskimo fan with the number of trips I took out to Commonwealth and even wore an Eskimo Jersey once! Now, they are my least favourite team. Namely because of a few of their "other fans", a few of their players and because of a few rather "questionable" things that have gone on recently.

But I think notahomer probably hit it on the head - "Success breeds contempt".

But let's face it, the Eskimos, along with the Als, sure gave us one hell of a show in the Grey Cup game!! :rockin:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
David
Team Captain

eskinator wrote:Hilarious poll :lol:

Sorry Brian, not to come across as exclusionary but this is a Lions fan site after all, so it's no surprise that the Lions aren't up there. :wink:

Actually, the purpose of the poll was to get a feel for how deep all this Evil Empire stuff really goes. Is it just rhetoric, or is there a genuine disdain (envy?) for the Eskimos?

I'm a little surprised myself. 4-5 months ago, I think most of the votes would have gone to the Riders. Could it be most people are still steamed by "the trade?"

We don't have a natural rival here in BC so (in theory at least) the results you see aren't likely to be skewed to one particular team.

DH 8)
Rammer
Team Captain

If I am watching this poll go up at other fan sites, I want BC to be in the driving seat on it. Being the number one target means you are doing something right to earn that tag.

I agree that the Riders would of lead this poll last year David, with us it is more about teams that stand in our way to the GC run. :beer: :roar:
Entertainment value = an all time low
SammyGreene
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:Gang Green, led by the arrogant Roy Shivers and followed by the most fickle fan base in the league.
:whs:

The Eskimos can back up their swagger and arrogance with Grey Cup rings.

The Riders can't even back it up with a home playoff game in the past 17 years which really is an amazing feat in a 9-team league.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:
they erroneously(sp?) put too much blame on Paopao and then wrongly, IMO, canned him.

not to mention Gabriels game winning TD to steal the cup from Lancaster and Co, all those yrs ago, grrr :yes:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back