Calgary or Edmonton in the Western Final?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Edmonton or Calgary in the Western Final?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:08 am

Calgary Stampeders
65%
Edmonton Eskimos
35%

Total votes: 51
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

I have to go with the Eskimos.
Bighill is Badass
Rammer
Team Captain

Go Stamps, we match up much better against them and if they win, it may result in a letdown as that battle of Alberta will be much larger for them, IMHO. :beer:
Entertainment value = an all time low
red

You guys should be cheering for the Eskimos. They'll be a lot easier to beat then the Stamps. Calgary isn't the same team you faced during the regular season.

After this Sunday... Here kitty kitty kitty.... :roar: :wink:
tigger
All Star

Eskinator is going to kill me. Oh well, Stamps :roar:

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS BECOME ARGO FANS
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

red wrote:You guys should be cheering for the Eskimos. They'll be a lot easier to beat then the Stamps. Calgary isn't the same team you faced during the regular season.

After this Sunday... Here kitty kitty kitty.... :roar: :wink:
[img]http://www.cs.aau.dk/~marius/lions/image044.jpg[/img] :wink:
Bosco
Team Captain

At this point, I would FAR rather face the Esks. The Stamps are hot, and they definitely have the momentum heading into the playoffs. Sure we handled the Stamps earlier in the season, but that was over three months ago - and the Stamps have certainly improved. As for the Lions...not so much. :sigh:
Lion King
Rookie

I see the Stamps winning, even with Burris having the stomach flu for so long this week. (although, it is playoff time maybe they just gave him some time off)
Blitz
Team Captain

Love the Lion photo!!

I like the Calgary Stampeders better....I've never been an Eskimo's supporter.....but I would much rather the Leos play Edmonton...so go Eskimos go!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

I'm thinking I'd rather play the green and yellow. The loss against them is still fresh in our minds and it's been two in a row. This equation does not work in our favour with the stamps.

I wish I could sit back and watch it. :bang:
hoonsagain
Starter

I like the Stamps to win today. Last weeks domination of the Esks was no fluke. I can't see the Esks impotent offence suddenly turning it on today. They have been winning on defence, special teams, and luck for a while now. BTW, the gametime temperature should be around -1 deg C, under cloudy skies, with light flurries possible towards the end of the game.
Football is not a contact sport. It's a collision sport. Dancing is a... contact sport. ~Duffy Daugherty
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Calgary scares me the most, which is why I want to play them.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Since I started this thread, I will close it out too. Thanks to all of you who participated in my poll. It looks like about 2/3 of you would have wanted to play Calgary, so only a third of you were satisfied with today's western semi-final result.
Rammer
Team Captain

red wrote:KILL THOSE ESKIMOS!! :twisted:
Since you guys did, I am sure that the path has been set, although I hope the Lions do hold onto the ball a tad better. Esks were beaten on the field, but kept getting that football bounce their way. Tough way to go out, but your team has a few years ahead of them with a quality core.

I guess now you see why I wanted to see the Stamps, they were bound to implode on themselves with both the long win streak going and thinking more of themselves than the Esks will, if they had won.
Entertainment value = an all time low