Reynolds vs Roberts

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who is better, Roberts or Reynolds?

Roberts
76%
Reynolds
24%

Total votes: 29
blue_cheese

I want a Lion's fan perspective. Ourbombers and GSG.com is too biased. Who do you think is better, Reynolds, or Roberts.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Roberts is more of a proven commodity.
I like Reynolds potential.

Therefore, Roberts over Reynolds.
Rammer
Team Captain

Different RB's, but Roberts has proven over time that he is a great, I have to go with that cirteria.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Roberts no contest at the moment, but I do like what Reynolds brings to his team.

Roberts has been productive every season and relatively injury free during his career.

Let's see how Reynolds does in his CFL careeer going forward. He improved this season and I'd expect him to be evern more productive next year as Calgary improves as a team
Last edited by Blue In BC on Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Roberts no question. Best in the league
Hazmat
Rookie

They are two different kind of Running Backs, Reynolds is a power running back, while Roberts is quicker and more agile. Reynolds size and strenth enables him to pound the defence, with or without the presence of a fullback, and can enable the Stampeders offence to run him from singleback.

Since I'm an advocate of power football, my choice is Reynolds.
Rammer
Team Captain

Blue In BC wrote:Roberts no contest at the moment, but I do like what Reynolds brings to his team.

Roberts have been productive every season and relatively injury free during his career.

Let's see how he does in his CFL careeer going forward. He improved this season and I'd expect him to be evern more productive next year as Calgary improves as a team
Please disregard this vote cast as he gives an ourbombers contribution to the mix....well sometimes. 8)
Entertainment value = an all time low
blue_cheese

Rammer wrote:
Blue In BC wrote:Roberts no contest at the moment, but I do like what Reynolds brings to his team.

Roberts have been productive every season and relatively injury free during his career.

Let's see how he does in his CFL careeer going forward. He improved this season and I'd expect him to be evern more productive next year as Calgary improves as a team
Please disregard this vote cast as he gives an ourbombers contribution to the mix....well sometimes. 8)
Haha, hey I am from ourbombers too. 8)
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:

I speak the truth. Numbers don't lie.
blue_cheese

truth is right :rockin:
smithers

I like a RB who can do more than 1 thing. Reynolds has 12 catches for 70 yards. Roberts 49 catches for 474 yards. That tells the tale of a little more versatility, since their actual rushing yardages are very similar (their average per carry being almost identical, but Roberts just gets the ball more).

One stat I'd like to know with RB's is "how many rushes for 1 yard or less"? I think Roberts gets a lot of them. He's easy to stop once you touch him, but will get a lot of yards if he gets open. Whereas a power back like Warren is more dependable on picking up that 2 or 3 yards when you need it.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

I pick...

ROBERTS!!!! :wink: even though any B.C. player is better :lol:
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Canuck_4_Life wrote:Roberts is more of a proven commodity.
I like Reynolds potential.

Therefore, Roberts over Reynolds.
I agree... Reynolds is all upside from here. Roberts is proven himself over the years including consistency.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
stansz
Champion

roberts..
reynolds is too small to be a true powerback..and is nto fast enough to be a speed back
pumped!!!
calf_

blue_cheese wrote:I want a Lion's fan perspective. Ourbombers and GSG.com is too biased. Who do you think is better, Reynolds, or Roberts.
gsg's definitely biased towards Roberts :yes: