When is First Place going to be Wrapped Up?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

When will the Lins clinch first place?

Rider/Lions
85%
Esks/Stamps
3%
Lions will be playing a road game
12%

Total votes: 33
Rammer
Team Captain

Rider/Lions game or Esks/Stamps, for the Lions?
Entertainment value = an all time low
squishy35
Legend

Saturday Night at the Dome :rockin:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

First place will be clinch by 10:00 PM Saturday night.
Zarquon
Champion

TheLionKing wrote:First place will be clinch by 10:00 PM Saturday night.
10:00 PM, hopefully it is more like 8:30 with the lions going into half time with a 30 point lead. :rockin:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

zarquon wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:First place will be clinch by 10:00 PM Saturday night.
10:00 PM, hopefully it is more like 8:30 with the lions going into half time with a 30 point lead. :rockin:
Yes, that would certainly be nice. Easier on my ticker too !
Reider
Starter

Yep, Nealon might see game action from the sounds of things, KK out, Dominguez out, and I think we're leaving Davin Bush and Eddie Davis at home and subbing in Lamar Lee and R. Robinson. Jackie Mitchel might be back though.
Sounds like it's going to be a practice for you guys.
Rammer
Team Captain

Reider wrote:Yep, Nealon might see game action from the sounds of things, KK out, Dominguez out, and I think we're leaving Davin Bush and Eddie Davis at home and subbing in Lamar Lee and R. Robinson. Jackie Mitchel might be back though.
Are you sure about Dominguez? I thought I read that the Riders were seriously considering putting him in. Bush and Davis sitting as well, makes no sense to me as much as I would enjoy that being the case. I guess we will just have to wait for the rosters to be annouced. :sigh:
fishman
Rookie

Riders are employing a new stradegy this year......ride a 3 game losing streak into the playoffs without a win in a month...... :? :hypno:
ONCE AN ESKIMO, ALWAYS AN ESKIMO!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

fishman wrote:Riders are employing a new stradegy this year......ride a 3 game losing streak into the playoffs without a win in a month...... :? :hypno:
Seems to be the Lions strategy as well :wink:
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Reider wrote:Yep, Nealon might see game action from the sounds of things, KK out, Dominguez out, and I think we're leaving Davin Bush and Eddie Davis at home and subbing in Lamar Lee and R. Robinson. Jackie Mitchel might be back though.
Judging by what your saying Reider it sounds like the Rider brass are not too serious about going all out, but who could blame them...

Lions-46 / Riders-13
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Arny
Champion

It doesn't matter who the Riders send out, they always play us tough and I'm sure this Saturday will be no different.

The Lions will have to bring the "A" game.
Reider
Starter

Rammer wrote:
Are you sure about Dominguez? I thought I read that the Riders were seriously considering putting him in. Bush and Davis sitting as well, makes no sense to me as much as I would enjoy that being the case. I guess we will just have to wait for the rosters to be annouced. :sigh:
I was serous about Dominguez cuz word had it from the riders that there was almost a zero chance of him dressing for saturday.

THEN.... today? on riderville (I don't have a membership) aparently Matt Dominguez himself said he's dressing for saturday and that leaked onto riderfans.com. So I guess as of now he is going to be in the lineup (according to him anyways).

Either way, I don't think he's 100%, and I don't think he'll be a game breaker on saturday. I hope they don't use him too much, some of them leo's might try and give him some extra :wink: shots! :wink:
Rammer
Team Captain

Reider wrote:
Rammer wrote:
I was serous about Dominguez cuz word had it from the riders that there was almost a zero chance of him dressing for saturday.

THEN.... today? on riderville (I don't have a membership) aparently Matt Dominguez himself said he's dressing for saturday and that leaked onto riderfans.com. So I guess as of now he is going to be in the lineup (according to him anyways).

Either way, I don't think he's 100%, and I don't think he'll be a game breaker on saturday. I hope they don't use him too much, some of them leo's might try and give him some extra :wink: shots! :wink:
This is where this game will be used as a preseason type game, Dominguez will get some playing time to test out his knee in game action for the Montreal game, no need for him to shut down in Montreal burning a position spot.

He also will only likely play on first downs and not used for blocking much.