Who starts in the Playoffs?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Assuming both are healthy, who starts in the playoffs?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:07 pm

Dave Dickenson - you can't lose your spot with an injury
38%
Casey Printers - the guy deserves to play
54%
Jarious Jackson - avoid a scrap with the other two
8%

Total votes: 52
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

In October/November you need a QUARTERBACK. An Allen, Moon, Flutie, Garcia, DICKENSON. Not some prima donna sophmore wanne be that figures the world owns him a starting spot,

this is show time people....DD, get healthy and get ready, cuz, as Mr. Hervey says, we don't need someone who runs around and heaves the rock downfield.. We need a field general who understand schemes and defences and knowshow to "play" them

Time to sit down Mr Printers and Mr Medlock and watch how this is done.

Terrible performance tonight CP.

I was so pumped too. This Bard had me believing in you.
almo89
Legend

In October/November you need a QUARTERBACK. An Allen, Moon, Flutie, Garcia, DICKENSON. Not some prima donna sophmore wanne be that figures the world owns him a starting spot,

this is show time people....DD, get healthy and get ready, cuz, as Mr. Hervey says, we don't need someone who runs around and heaves the rock downfield.. We need a field general who understand schemes and defences and knowshow to "play" them

Terrible performance tonight CP.

I was so pumped too. This Bard had me believing in you.
Exactly. Lets say we do get the West final and we play Edmonton again. We need a guy that can play against stingy defences. CP was trying to go deep too often when he could have thrown the 10 yard ball to get the 1st down.
stansz
Champion

sigh...i really dotn know wat to think....CP had a pretty bad game...
pumped!!!
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

now we could have Bret Anderson for all i care :sigh:

as long as we win and go to the cup!
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:CP still has to start, let him tire out that D line, and then bring in DD if needed, like around the time we get in the red zone, CP didn't look good there.
When DD went down with the concussion we were on the verge of clinching first and we still haven't got it done.

With this one final chance of destiny still in our own hands ... I'll be shocked if Wally doesn't hand the reigns back to him.
Blitz
Team Captain

ABSOLUTELY....you must be describing Dave Dickenson in the Grey Cup game!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Blitz
Team Captain

We need a field general who understand schemes and defences and knowshow to "play" them

And DD just 'shreded" the Edmonton defence the last time he played against them!!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Come on Blitz. I read your posts, YOU ARE A SMART DUDE.

In a tight "mind" game like tonight, you tell me, you want DD or CP?.

Come on now.
moby

I was just wondering, couldn't stand it anymore.
Blitz
Team Captain

With this one final chance of destiny still in our own hands ... I'll be shocked if Wally doesn't hand the reigns back to him.
Wally will hand him back the reigns to DD against Saskatchewan and get Buck Pierce a little playing time as well, if he can. He also needs to get him some game action and game reps.

Printers threw deep too often tonight and I agree with posters who said that. The Edmonton defence was in press coverage, had a lot of illegal contact down field not called. The Leos should have been able to beat them deep with that coverage...but Edmonton's defenders, with a little help, from the refs, did a good job. Casey Printers should have adjusted sooner, even if he thought they should be able to be beaten deep, it wasn't working.

I don't blame Printers for the interception before the half...Chapdelaine should have sent in a running play. The interception was almost as good as a punt but the Leos should have run out the clock. It cost us a big three points. However with the Edmonton rush in the first half there wasn't a lot of time back there. Casey hit a lot of deep throws as well, especially the huge deep pass on the drive to tie up the game.

Clermont also made a great deep catch on a nice throw from Printers that was nullified when Clermont was offside. If the Leos wouldn't have gone offside in the first half and nullified a Simon touchdown we would have won the game by one point.

Penalties killed us in this game. Bad calls against us by the referees, tons of holding on our receivers by the Eskimos,and stupid penalties by us were huge factors in what was a close game. They were probably the biggest factor in a hard fought game.

They've all been close games this year. Printers won a close one and lost a close one tonight. Dickenson was our quarterback in the other close game we lost. The quarterbacks haven't been the key deciding factors in these games....its been a ton of little things.

The naked bootleg was run more often than ever tonight and even Casey couldn't get outside and had to throw the ball away. The swing to Thelwell on the last drive, when we needed positive yardage on first down was a surprising call and not the one I would have made at that time of the game.
We didn't screen, rarely used two backs, and didn't utilize Green at all...these little things in a big game can also be factors in a close game.

Gotta win next week. My choice in the playoffs is still to start Casey Printers, wear the defensive line down with his rolling out and running, and then bring in Dickenson. I don't think that's the way it will go!!!
almo89
Legend

Gotta win next week. My choice in the playoffs is still to start Casey Printers, wear the defensive line down with his rolling out and running, and then bring in Dickenson. I don't think that's the way it will go
That's pretty interesting. I have never seen a team do that. Like i've seen a change in QB during a game b/c of injury or blowout of some sort. But i don't think i have seen it as part of a game plan. Interesting indeed
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Wally has seen enough, and probably heard enough of CP this year.

If we see him again, if ever, I will be surprised.

DD will run the table now.
MacNews
Team Captain

Lyin' Guy wrote:Wally has seen enough, and probably heard enough of CP this year.

Was not impressed with CP this game, all he had to do was move the ball 40 yards then punt and we would've been ok...but we saw what happened against Mtl so we probably wouldn't have been safe anyways.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

MacNews wrote:
Lyin' Guy wrote:Wally has seen enough, and probably heard enough of CP this year.

Was not impressed with CP this game, all he had to do was move the ball 40 yards then punt and we would've been ok...but we saw what happened against Mtl so we probably wouldn't have been safe anyways.
McNews .. you can't hang all this on Casey Printers. He could have been better but so could a lot of others. He made it interesting and got the Lions a TD when they were about to punt. More good there than bad that could have been improved on with some better overall play calling and less penalties.

You sure are liberal with your CP criticism and conservative with your praise. :lol:
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
MacNews
Team Captain

Toppy Vann wrote:MacNews .. you can't hang all this on Casey Printers...less penalties.

You sure are liberal with your CP criticism and conservative with your praise. :lol:
That's true, it wasn't all Casey's fault. The Lions took lots of penalties and made mistakes. I still wasn't impressed with his play.

I'm a switch hitter. :lol:

:wink: