Who starts in the Playoffs?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Assuming both are healthy, who starts in the playoffs?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:07 pm

Dave Dickenson - you can't lose your spot with an injury
38%
Casey Printers - the guy deserves to play
54%
Jarious Jackson - avoid a scrap with the other two
8%

Total votes: 52
hoonsagain
Starter

CP didn't look very good last night. Too many deep balls, and most of those were overthrown. I like the excitement that CP brings to the game, but I think DD would have been a much better choice against Edm, given the way the Edm defence was covering the Lions passing game. DD's more accurate passing could have picked apart Edm's defence with the short passing game. I say split the QB duties next week between DD and CP. Whoever shows up should start in the playoffs (I was going to say Division Final, but that is not a given anymore!). BTW, Calgary can do the Lions a big favor by winning the next two, not only dashing Edmonton's first place hopes, but stealing away the semi-final home field. :yes:
Football is not a contact sport. It's a collision sport. Dancing is a... contact sport. ~Duffy Daugherty
Stresd
Rookie

Cp sucked last night and made what the Eskie player said look true....throws the ball as hail marys far to often and cant seem to play ball contro when needed...does he even know how to throw underneath?. ( points on when it should have been at least 17 at least. They really should have put DD in the last quarter and we would be looking at having the west wrapped up at this point. We cant afford to be seeing who is next years QB at this point...we need to win now and Dave gives us the best shot at this point I think.
LFITQ
Team Captain

They really should have put DD in the last quarter
I disagree with this statement. Yes I agree that CP didn't look like CP from the Winnipeg game. Yes I agree that he was going for the deep ball FAR too often (and that is a QB read not a play design). But I don't think DD should have seen the field at all this game.

If you were going to mix it up you throw in Buck Pierce or Jarious Jackson. Why? To rest Dave one more week. It wasn't a must win game for us. Once again it WAS a MUST win game for the Eskies. You don't risk DD's health on what was actually a meaningless game for us.

Now next week's game against the Riders is a meaningful game for us and what I would consider a MUST win. So I would expect to see DD take some snaps in that game. But I would also expect to see CP to take some snaps as well.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Bosco
Team Captain

At this point, if Dave is healthy, Dave plays. :yes: I might of thought differently IF the Lions won last night, AND Printers was strong, but now I truly believe that the team has a better chance of winning with DD as QB.

Is Dave as exciting or dynamic to watch as Casey? Obviously not, but with 1st place on the line, a healthy Dickenson should be the QB.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I'd like to see the Lions in a position to play more than QB in a game if for no other reason to mix it up and put hot D's off their game a bit.

The issue for DD is likely getting over the head injury. Carravatta made a good point on this. Maybe the Lions just had him dress and go through the pre-game prep for no other reason than to get his mindset back to thinking game (not in civies) and see how he feels as he progresses towards getting better fully. Concussions these days are not something teams or players take lightly and I am sure if DD called say a Matt Dunigan, he'd be getting told to be very careful in coming back. Just a theory.

CP did go long too often in the second half especially and was trying to force his magic a bit too much and only Geroy had good chances to make the grabs. But how much of that came from the sidelines in terms of the plays being called? I would have liked to have seen more balance in the second half attack like they had in the first half including some outside running with AW. Toss a few underneath on their crossing patterns when the D is stretched veritically. Do some DD type attacking.

The Lion play calling is more suspect in my mind than is the QB play. I sure liked how CP is more aggressive and adding to the leadership mix. We also can't forget he is playing without a lot of prep and this is a team game. Not just one guy carrying the load.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy