Smack Talk

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Do you enjoy the trash talk between the players?

Yes
77%
No
23%

Total votes: 31
LFITQ
Team Captain

Ok seeing as how things are starting to heat up in the papers I thought this would be an interesting poll question.

I see on these boards where people get all heated up when players say things in the papers and how we should always be treated in interviews to the same old cliches and say nothings.

Personally, I welcome the trash talk between players and think it brings another level of "intensity" to the game.

Yes some players will talk the talk and end up not "walking the walk", but then that just adds to the excitement for the rematch.

And let's face it - some of these palyers can be pretty "eloquent" when they are let loose. :lol:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Rammer
Team Captain

The cliche's are terrible for the fans, we need to see some emotion going into the game, rather than just the paper filler that is generally given. Carl Kidd of course is public enemy number one in opposition land, but the newspaper reporters love him no matter where they are from.

I know I look forward to what Shivers has to say before the Rider games. :beer:
Entertainment value = an all time low
jim604
All Star

:whs:

i would be happy to never hear the words 'we're gonna give it 110%' again during interviews.

doesn't have to be the way of classic WWF wrestlers talk..but something from the heart, and a relflection of whats motivating these guys to go out and win.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

LFITQ wrote:
Personally, I welcome the trash talk between players and think it brings another level of "intensity" to the game.
:whs:
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
CB123
Legend

I love it. But I hate choreographed TD dances!
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

CB123 wrote:I love it. But I hate choreographed TD dances!
me too but i like Geroy's
Last edited by Lions_Fan_4_Life on Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
pinkfreud

LFITQ wrote:Personally, I welcome the trash talk between players and think it brings another level of "intensity" to the game :lol:
Trash talk is hot.
CB123 wrote:I love it. But I hate choreographed TD dances!
I enjoy those actually. I also like the little pose Geroy strikes when he scores a touchdown, like he's contemplating how fabulous he is.
CB123
Legend

I also like the little pose Geroy strikes when he scores a touchdown, like he's contemplating how fabulous he is.
Oh no, don?t get me wrong, I like the pose Geroy does, cuz that is his thing. If it is a pose or something like that, that?s one thing, but when like 5 players go and dance, and they do the exact same dance, and you can tell it was planed... that?s what I hate.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I hate it and I hate the BIG TD celebrations too. One NFL player said "We don't celebrate much when we get to the endzone. Why act like we've never been there before?"
I really have not liked what Hervey's been saying about CP. CP earned his MOP award last year. CP got it done, end of story. And why give him any bulletinboard material? CP didn't need it anyway but it's another reason to prove his 'haters' wrong.
clermontfan

I like Clermont's TD celebration. Flip the ball back to the official. The one time he did do a funny celebration was last year when he made a big 1st down catch close to the other team's sideline and flipped the ball to the back-up QB. Totally hilarious, although he took a 15 yard penalty for unsportmanlike conduct.

Trash talk on the other hand, is totally welcomed. I love Carl Kidd when he lets loose. And Barrin Simpson is called the most polite trash talker.