Who are we looking at?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who do we want to play in the playoffs?

Edmonton
24%
Calgary
66%
Calgary/Edmonton
11%

Total votes: 38
Rammer
Team Captain

Since it is down to Calgary and Edmonton in the West, which team are we most happy about playing and why?
Entertainment value = an all time low
LionsFanFromUSA

If the stamps can win at taylor field yesterday, I'd rather play edmonton. Weird way of looking at it, I know.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Doesn't matter....as long as the game is HERE.

Everything gets thrown out the window with a one game series.
The real advantage is home field.

There was a day when opposition mattered, but now it seems any team can win on any given day so I believe tha atmosphere is as important as anything.

I gues it matters if you prefer to beat one over another.....

8)
Zarquon
Champion

I agree home field is the key.
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Get the Western Final at home.

Considering that that is the scope of your question, I'll take Calgyra. I can handle Hank the Chucker a little easier than the Eskimos.
Rammer
Team Captain

cromartie wrote:Get the Western Final at home.

Considering that that is the scope of your question, I'll take Calgyra. I can handle Hank the Chucker a little easier than the Eskimos.
Pretty much, but I did leave the play Calgary at home and travel to Edmonton option, since it is still a possibility, but not likely what anyone is looking forward to.

The only advantage that the WDSF here would be that we get to see the Lions one more game this season.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Although there really isn't much difference, I went with Calgary because as a team I believe they are less experienced in the playoffs than Edmonton. Mostly I am thinking about Ray but the late addition of Troy Davis added another experienced weapon which I don't believe Calgary can match. I also think they are more predictable than Calgary who has the pontential to soar or suck depending on which team shows up.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

For all of their talent, the Eskimos are a highly dysfunctional and underperforming team. With Ray, Tucker, Mitchell and Hervey, they should be lighting it up but they're the lowest-scoring team in the West. Calgary is more of an offensive threat. Burris usually throws for a lot of yards against the Lions. I'd rather play Edmonton, knowing that the Lions likely won't have to score as many points to win.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I like our chances best vs Calgary as they still have a ways to go in building a consistent performer vs Edmonton where Ray can light a team up in one shot game like a playoff.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

It doesn't matter..............the Lions aren't going to lose again in 2005 !!!
Lloyd
Lion's Pride
prospect

Anyone at home :rockin:
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Edmonton has the stronger team. It's not going to matter I feel the Esks are who we will be playing but if Calgary wins, even better. The only problem with this logic is that I though the Roughies would lose in Edmonton last year too and it took the golden toe of McCallum to send us to the Cup!
CB123
Legend

I wanna play Winnipeg :lol:
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
bbking
Starter

Shi Zi Mi wrote:It doesn't matter..............the Lions aren't going to lose again in 2005 !!!

:rockin: :thup: :yes:
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:It doesn't matter..............the Lions aren't going to lose again in 2005 !!!
What's your line of thought on this one, Lloyd?